My 2x3 adventure bike, ss inspired- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

My 2x3 adventure bike, ss inspired

I'm heading out on another adventure in the morning. I took these pic tonight after I loaded up for the Mount June solo campout.

It's single speed inspired because I am using shiftless dx cogs and no frt derrailleur. It has a wide usable gear ratio without all the fuss and expense of a full cassette and index shifting.

I never have to adjust the derrailleur cable tension with my cheap plastic thumb shifter. Friction shifting is a lot less hassle and issue free. I works with slack cable or a bent derrailleur.

I have near perfect chainline in all the ratios, it costs little to make and works better than any gearie I've ever seen.

I am riding from home to the top of Mount June in the morning, spentdng the night on top without tent or sleeping bag. I will have a great time and be warm an cozy, it's not suppost to rain.

I am taking warm cycling clothes in the black bag in front and a ponco, crazy creek chair, hobo stove, wiskey, and water bladders for heat storage. I'm stuffing some trash bags with vegetation for a little insulation.

I will be pushing a short ways to the top, I like a narrow load so it's easier to push along side your bike on single track. Panniers kinda stickout too far. I've distrubuted the load evenly across the bike so it handles well.

I have Old Man Mountain racks frt and rear, they are the best racks I've used. I got them because they mount easily to shocks and disc brake bikes. They are very heavy duty.

I have a water filter so I don't need to haul much water. I don't carry a fanny pack or a camelbak. It's nice to let your bike carry everything on long adventures. I will have no trouble finding water on this tour.

I'll post pics when I get back..........Later,,,,,,,,,,Lef-T
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2004

The racks and gear

I have a rain jacket, tights, vest, long jersey, balaclava, winter gloves, pack towel, three trash bags inside the black stuff sack on the front. Thats all I have besides a poncho for warm clothes.

The crazy creek chair is wraped around the top tube and tied on with road tubes. Everything is attached with tubes. I love tubes, bunjees will put your eye out or get sucked into your spokes.

My poncho, first aid, and tubes are behind the seat post, in the trunk bag is the coffe can hobo stove, empty water bags, food, tools to start fire,saw/chisel,chain lube fire starter.

I have two little LED bike lights, planet bike BEAMERS are my fav. I got two cus they're cheap and light weight. I like mirricyle rear view mirrors on the road.

I've been perfecting my camping skills for sometime, I love trying new things, I hate being miserable,cold or hungry, I don't plan on being any of those this trip. We'll see..............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0