Is it to much?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Is it to much?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Is it to much?

1st, I have an old Kona Hot geared bike that I plan to be buried with, and still rocking XTR V's, seem to stop just fine.

2nd, bought the wife a C'dale F400 about 4 years ago. How many miles do you think are on it? About 12, maybe. So I asked her if I could have it.

Gonna make it a SS. But when does the parts list become to much for a bike like this. It will primarly be my commuter, and might hit a trail. I have already gotten rid of everything on it. Kept Frame, HS, HB, Stem, SP and seat, and brakes and cranks, and wheels. No real Gucci parts on it right now, but want to make it a little nice.

Was planning on putting a CF Origin8 Black Ops fork on, Koolstop pads, Ripcordz, and go the Surly route for cog and chainring. Trying to avoid using a tensioner. Any parts swap outs that you recommend. CF HB ans Stem? Sticking with V's, because I dont want to shell out $$ for new wheels, and the frame is not disc ready.But they are some C'dale brand. Should I upgrade to XT across the board?

Throw it all at me, give me your ideas. Dont even care if it is crazy--everyone be cool.
    Jims

mtbr member
    Keep it simple it's a commuter
    SS Rigid =
    Quote Originally Posted by gjenkins@
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.

Members who have read this thread: 0