Most durable ISIS BB....- Mtbr.com
    Just Ride!

Most durable ISIS BB....

Hey guys & gals,

I'm trying to see w/c is the most durable ISIS BB I can use on my SISS. From the reviews it seems they are all not worth it but I really don't want to replace my current Stylo cranks just to get a more durable BB. I was looking at the FSA 3 bearing design but I would like to checkout your opinions first.

Thanks

USB Rep'n
    definitely go 3 or even 4 bearing. I have 3 bearing Truvativ Giga Pipe Team SL in my Blizz and have had great luck with it. I am suing the 4 bearing Giga Team DH in my Chameleon. I was going through several Raceface Evolve bb's a season and these Truvativs seem to be holding up much better.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Hey guys & gals,

I'm trying to see w/c is the most durable ISIS BB I can use on my SISS. From the reviews it seems they are all not worth it but I really don't want to replace my current Stylo cranks just to get a more durable BB. I was looking at the FSA 3 bearing design but I would like to checkout your opinions first.

Thanks
    I've got over a years worth of racing, training and just-riding-along on my FSA Platinum Pro Ti ISIS BB. During this time, it's seen lots of SS mileage, mud, water, snow, etc. since I ride ~12 months a year. Unfortunately, during my last ride, play started to develop in the BB's bearings. The Platinum Pro Ti uses a double-sized bearing on the driveside and a single on the non-driveside. All-in-all, I've been very happy with my FSA and will get another.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

mtbr member
    I know that you are asking for the most durable BB but since I don't have any experience with any durable BB's here is my experience with the RaceFace Evolve XC 3 bearing BB:

After about two months I greased the bearings since they were close to dry. It worked fine for a few months. Now, after about 20 month it spins so bad that I don't even want to worry about it. I simply drive until it falls apart.
    By that time there should be more overdrive BB's on the market with reasonable sized bearings. It should not be a problem to weld a new shell on the inbred.