Moscow ID- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moscow ID

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Moscow ID

anyone here ride ss in moscow ID? im just wondering if anyone has some beta on good SS trails? ive been to moscow mountain and it rocks, just wondering if anyone has anything better? anything beauties hiding out there?

Only dead people are old
    Quote Originally Posted by yungracer
    anyone here ride ss in moscow ID? im just wondering if anyone has some beta on good SS trails? ive been to moscow mountain and it rocks, just wondering if anyone has anything better? anything beauties hiding out there?
    Giant White Pine area up off Hwy 3 is killer also for the SS - a little steep in some sections but doable and fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

thanks

thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Gold Hill, north of Potlach, has some sweet trails.

Sand Mtn trail from the Laird Park area to the top of Mica Mtn is fun (the last couple of miles of descent back to the trailhead is unreal!)

Also in the Laird Park area is Excavation Gulch and Strychnine. I like to climb Excavation and descend Strychnine (Excavation can be a brutal climb, so I sometimes take the road up).

Sampson Trail (just west of Hwy 3) is the most gentle climb around, and will get you up to the top of the Palouse Divide where you can take East Dennis (to the west) or cross the highway and take the trails back to Giant White Pine.

The farther east you go into Idaho, the more steep, nasty and remote it gets, but you could probably ride to Montana on single track.

Have fun, I'll look for you

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

ride?

if you would like to get together for a ride sometime let me know, right now its just another college guy (geary) and I so we would love to ride with someone who has some more experience of trails arround here...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Right On!

I'd like to ride with more SSers. I ride with a couple of guys from Pullman that have SSs, but we all have families, so usually we only get together once a week or so. Its always nice to have more to choose from. On any given night, at least one of us is free.

I don't suppose you ride fixed road?

I'll send a message.

Members who have read this thread: 0