Monocog rigid fork weight- Mtbr.com
    SSasquatch

Monocog rigid fork weight

Anyone know what the fork weight is for the monocog (26")? I forgot to weigh it when I built the bike up and now I am too lazy to pull it apart. It seems pretty beefy and am considering trying to drop some weight off the bike with a new lighter rigid fork. I have also thought about just dremel'ing off the very heavy looking v-brake bosses. Anyone have any experience with that?

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    All I can tell you is it's tanky. You're better off not weighting it. It's one of those things your better off not knowing. Make sure what ever for you choose has the same axle to crown height. The handling is sweet with the stock fork.
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

SSasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad_martinez
    You're better off not weighting it. It's one of those things your better off not knowing.
    Your probably right. I just passed the 700 mile mark on the bike and am suffering from upgraditis even though I love the way it handles. I built the bike up with everything non-stock except for the fork because I wanted to get a baseline on rigid. Now that my body has convinced me that rigid is the way to go, I want to try a different, lighter flavored rigid fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0