middleburn cranks- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

middleburn cranks

anybody riding a middleburn uno 32t chainring with rs8 cranks? middleburn.com
    Last edited by missile man; 03-22-2010 at 08:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Yes. Nothing to report apart from that they work, don't seem to wear out (hard coat option) and are light. Oh, and they're actually round, unlike some others.

I'd buy again.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    WHAT VELOBIKE SAID... 1yr and many miles

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have RS7s (slightly heavier) with an Uno, amazing cranks. Buy some. And they've just released a Hollowtech 2-style crank too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Thanks for input

I am going to put rs8s and a 32t UNO on a custom built 29er ss from pereira cycles. The bike is built and heading to paint now. Should be here In about a month. If you have not heard of pereira cycles I would suggest you check them out at pereriacycles.com. Tony pereira is a true artisan.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Nation
    I have RS7s (slightly heavier) with an Uno, amazing cranks. Buy some. And they've just released a Hollowtech 2-style crank too.

"When will we see these?" said the big Middleburn fan.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47868893@N02/

WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by missile man
    anybody riding a middleburn uno 32t chainring with rs8 cranks? middleburn.com
    I loved everything about mine except the isis bottom brackets taking a crap on me on a regular basis. I'm about 175 ready to ride and tried the crank bros, fsa, and race face bottom brackets. Square taper or the new model looks like the way to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    I loved everything about mine except the isis bottom brackets taking a crap on me on a regular basis. I'm about 175 ready to ride and tried the crank bros, fsa, and race face bottom brackets. Square taper or the new model looks like the way to go.
    I am about your weight and have also burned through bbs. I found one I can not kill. SKF may be a little heavier but they are bomb proof and smooth as hell.

Yo.

Skf?

Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    I loved everything about mine except the isis bottom brackets taking a crap on me on a regular basis. I'm about 175 ready to ride and tried the crank bros, fsa, and race face bottom brackets....
    I've heard good things about SKF's ISIS BBs.

(no affiliation with mtbtandems.com, BTW)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I am a poser. But forums.poser.com doesn't seem to exist, so I come here instead.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Love mine, use it in a square taper with shimano xt BB.

It's also good that you can change the spiders to run differet set up as you move them around bikes.

Addicted to Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    "When will we see these?" said the big Middleburn fan.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47868893@N02/

Correction... when can we buy these?

mtbr member
    I've got a square taper set on my race bike and an Isis set on my pootling bike.

The Isis BB has given no trouble despite having more than its share of mud. It is about the only Crank Bros product I would recommend.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    I'm using RS7 cranks and Uno chainring with an SKF square taper BB.

Nothing exciting - just nice stuff that works and lasts.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm using RS8's with a 1/8 uno chainring and an SKF ISIS (FR600) BB. Works a treat. 4 years now I think, 3rd frame I've had the BB and cranks on (I was running 1/x with a 3/32 uno cog which still works fine, I just changed to 1/8 for dedicated SS use about a month ago).

I am advised (unconfirmed but by an Australian industry source) that SKF have dropped out of BB manufacture. If this is the case I would get a NOS stainless SKF ISIS bb from wherever I could track one down. They are in my personal experience faultless (aside from being heavier than ISIS bb's with cheese spindles and self destructing bearings).

Do it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I think Middleburn are shipping the new cranks now. Buy direct in the UK, not sure about the US or anywhere else.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Contact Alex at MTBTANDEMS.COM....I purchased a set of the new Middle Hollowtech 2 cranks and received them last Saturday....
    I have to say they look and feel great....as for Alex...WOW!!!! AMAZING service...

Addicted to Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by pp-tso
    Contact Alex at MTBTANDEMS.COM....I purchased a set of the new Middle Hollowtech 2 cranks and received them last Saturday....
    I have to say they look and feel great....as for Alex...WOW!!!! AMAZING service...
    Thanks, will do...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Middleburn sure makes some quality products. I only have their square taper crankset but it is really nice. The replaceable/exchangeable spider is interesting, too.

Mojo MadDuc

Thumbs up on Middleburn

I have been runing the Middleburn RS8 cranks in a 2 x 9 configuration with the hard coat option on the rings. I am using the Square taper with a Phil Wood Ti BB. It has been bulletproof. I am 6'3 and 240 and both the BB and the cranks and rings are going strong. IMO but the Middleburn and set and forget it. Good stuff.

MadDuc916
    MadDuc916
    2015 Hammerhead Thumper
    2011 Voodoo Canzo 29'er

Members who have read this thread: 0