mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Mid Atlantic SS Cyclocross Races

Two Singlespeed Cyclocross Races in the Mid-Atlantic Region

We have two opportunities here in the next two weeks to flaunt our single-gearedness. On Saturday, October 16th, First State Velo Sport is hosting the second annual Blue Diamond Classic. Blue Diamond is a unique venue, offering a BMX track, a dirt jump area, a motorcross section, roller coaster, mini golf and yes, a cyclocross race. The folks at FSVS always put together a fine event and this year they have the return of the singlespeed class at their race. The class is sponsored by the fine folks at Spot and they have swag a-plenty. WWW.fsvs.org is the teamís website.

On October 23, Wooden Wheels Racing is hosting the Granogue cyclocross race. This is a fifth year event and every year the race climbs up the UCI ranking ladder. Top pros will be on hand to try and earn valuable UCI points in an attempt to qualify for worlds. Of course, since my SS minded team runs the event, we are having a singlespeed race as well, also sponsored by the best company in singlespeed, Spot Brand. This race is also held on a unique venue. While there are no roller coasters, there is a motorcross track hidden in the woods and a huge 100 year old mansion. WWW.wilmingtonvelocity.com is the official website of the event.

Both of these races are part of the Verge Mid Atlantic Cyclocross series and additional information can be found on www.monkeyhillcs.com\mac. Registration can be completed on www.bikereg.com, but hurry up because the pre-registration deadline for the FSVS race is 6:00 PM tonight and pre-registering saves you a few dollars.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

Nomad
    Word on the dirt is the Highland Park N.J. 'cross race will have a SS catagory too.
    Convince me

F@CK da dumb
    Anyone know anything about the Blue Diamond CX course? Is it on the BMX course? Flat? Hilly? I need to decide on me gearing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Traditional Cross Course

No on the BMX track, it is a real cross course. Some flat, some road, dirt, grass, some ups, some downs, some run-ups, all UCI legal - -IE, no singletrack. Pretty average, so run your normal cross gearing.

Keep an eye out for me, I will have the singlespeed
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!