May be converting to SS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

May be converting to SS

Hey everyone, I'm just in reading arouns the forum and seeing what kind of info I can find here. I have a 2008 Jamie Komodo that I am thinking of converting to SS. I have been thinking of it for a few months but now I am having some drivetrain issues and feel that this may be a good time to take the plunge.

I have already thumbed through the FAQ section. Will most likely read a few of the points again. BTW, I am a noob in mountain biking. I have only been at it for about a year and seriously for the past 4-5 months.

A few things are attracting me to SS. The simplicity is a big one. Even though I am a noob I can adjust a deraileur no problem. I would just.rather not. Replacing cassettes, chainrings, and derailleurs is expensive. I don't make much either lol. The ability of a SS to build great strength and endurance is alluring as well. That and the ability to say I ride a SS sounds great too.

Anywho, I hope to gain some good knowledge from you guys as I read through your past and present posts. Any knowledge and advice you would like to volunteer right off hand would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks.

Sent using my fat thumbs!

undercover brother
    Do it! I did and have not looked back. You really start to lose yourself in your rides from the silence and without having to think about shifting.

Members who have read this thread: 0