Matt Chester- Mtbr.com

Thread: Matt Chester

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Matt Chester

Hi. I just want to know what`s happening with Matt Chester. Ive been visiting his site but nothing`s new on it. I heard that he`s having major overhaul and moving he`s shop, anything new???

flexiflyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Damjan
    Hi. I just want to know what`s happening with Matt Chester. Ive been visiting his site but nothing`s new on it. I heard that he`s having major overhaul and moving he`s shop, anything new???
    Hey man...MC here. Sorry the site has been stagnant so long. I'm actually still working on a completely different site that hopefully will be ready soon (I'm doing some editing for it right now actually). My webguy is a good friend who pretty much works pro bono...he just got a new job that has taken him from UT to WA. On top of that, his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer (caught early thankfully) AND he's got four kids which adds to the work when moving the whole family. Lots on his plate. I didn't feel right giving him more work with a bunch of short term stuff to update the current site knowing that we were going to tear it down anyway.

As far as the move...that went down last year (Leadville, CO to Salida, CO sixty miles away). I tried to cover the high points on the 4-1-1 page, but it has sucked to have everything unchanged for so long. Sorry again about that...just super busy with frames to build!

MC

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer
    Hey man...MC here. Sorry the site has been stagnant so long. I'm actually still working on a completely different site that hopefully will be ready soon (I'm doing some editing for it right now actually). My webguy is a good friend who pretty much works pro bono...he just got a new job that has taken him from UT to WA. On top of that, his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer (caught early thankfully) AND he's got four kids which adds to the work when moving the whole family. Lots on his plate. I didn't feel right giving him more work with a bunch of short term stuff to update the current site knowing that we were going to tear it down anyway.

As far as the move...that went down last year (Leadville, CO to Salida, CO sixty miles away). I tried to cover the high points on the 4-1-1 page, but it has sucked to have everything unchanged for so long. Sorry again about that...just super busy with frames to build!

MC

Nice to hear that you are in business and good luck to your friend`s wife.

Penis Goat!
    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer

MC
    Sorry to take away from your framebuilding time, but I just wanted to say a few things.

First off, good luck to your friend's wife...I'm sure most people on here have had experience with cancer in loved ones, and know how hard it can be to get through. I wish them well.

Second, I just spent the last hour or so reading your site and the two interviews (pretty sad, huh?), and really enjoyed it. You have an interesting perspective on biking, one that I'm finding myself moving towards, simplicity-wise. Shiggy and others on here certainly enjoy your bikes, and hopefully in a few years I'll be able to give you a call for a new frame.

And finally, a question: Do you know if Ted Wojcik's still making bikes? I first heard about him from my friend who works at my LBS, when he ordered a custom steel hardtail....gorgeous bike. I found his site out of curiosity, but later noticed it wasn't up anymore. Some people posted here on MTBR asking about him, but I can't remember seeing an answer.

Keep on buildin'!

Brian

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    First off, good luck to your friend's wife...I'm sure most people on here have had experience with cancer in loved ones, and know how hard it can be to get through. I wish them well.
    Ditto that comment.

And finally, a question: Do you know if Ted Wojcik's still making bikes? I first heard about him from my friend who works at my LBS, when he ordered a custom steel hardtail....gorgeous bike. I found his site out of curiosity, but later noticed it wasn't up anymore. Some people posted here on MTBR asking about him, but I can't remember seeing an answer.
    Word is Ted Wojcik has stopped building frames due to illness.

I am the owl

Listen! Shameless SP

Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
    I just spent the last hour or so reading your site and the two interviews (pretty sad, huh?), and really enjoyed it.
    There's another MC interview here if you haven't seen it.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.