is marzocchi falling behind?- Mtbr.com
    gentle like

is marzocchi falling behind?

(i'm going to ask this exact question in the shock forum as well ...)

has anyone had heard if marzocchi had any plans to introduce their own "stable-platform" or intertia technology forks, following the manitou spv, and the fox x-series, and now what it seems rock shocks has introduced for 2005?

and what are people's thoughts generally about this? is marzocchi falling behind by not offering such a product yet? why or why not? i'm not sure what i think ... i mean, from both a 'need a spv-niche product' and a simple 'market posturing' perspective i think that marzocchi kinda needs to have a stable-platform competitor, but that's just my 2 minutes worth of thought.

anyhoo, i know/respect that a lot of folks here in ss like rigids and/or simpler technology ... hey, i know i myself wouldn't shell out for a spv fork right now, and i don't know about the future, but ... i'm still interested to hear thoughts.

banned

2005 is supposed to be a big year in Forks, so...

...I'd think that if there is an SPV-type Marzocchi in the works, we'll see it at 2004 Interbike... or maybe the earlier-in-year outdoor retailer expo in Europe.

As to whether Marzocchi is "falling behind," I don't think so. I don't know why I would want SPV on a fork -- to me, ETA is plenty.

But I'd love to be able to put ETA on my '03 Super T... climbing on my Bullit would be a lot easier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    (i'm going to ask this exact question in the shock forum as well ...)

has anyone had heard if marzocchi had any plans to introduce their own "stable-platform" or intertia technology forks, following the manitou spv, and the fox x-series, and now what it seems rock shocks has introduced for 2005?

and what are people's thoughts generally about this? is marzocchi falling behind by not offering such a product yet? why or why not? i'm not sure what i think ... i mean, from both a 'need a spv-niche product' and a simple 'market posturing' perspective i think that marzocchi kinda needs to have a stable-platform competitor, but that's just my 2 minutes worth of thought.

anyhoo, i know/respect that a lot of folks here in ss like rigids and/or simpler technology ... hey, i know i myself wouldn't shell out for a spv fork right now, and i don't know about the future, but ... i'm still interested to hear thoughts.
    I have an 04 120mm MX Pro w/ETA and it has me thinking everybody else is behind if performance, climbing, price, sucking up the bumps, and stiffness are what makes a fork maker ahead. I personally haven't liked the SPV bikes and products i've tried becuse I want all the suspension I can get if I want any at all, and I ride a rigid single speed if I want stable platform and 120/130 mm travel trail bike if I want springs.

Old school BMXer
    Admittedly, I like the Minute 2 I have on my Intense 5.5 (I have a SID 100 on my Surly 1x1). The oddest part is that for so many years, fork companies have been trying to solve fork stiction at low speed impacts. After they've finally designed forks with minimal stiction, the whole concept of SPV is a technical way of creating stiction! Go figure!

Even funnier, the magazines have complained about stiction, now they want SPV - exactly what is the difference?

Old school BMXer
    sorry for the dupe...mtbr is really screwy right now

Old school BMXer

Old school BMXer