mtbr member

Mary cures my tendonitis

I'm no doctor, but since I have been riding my Mary some tendonitis I have had in my thumbs for three years (since I started SS-ing) has disappeard in my left and lessened dramatically in my right. It was never that bad, but I'm glad to see it's going away. I havn't changed anything except the bars and a longer stem. In fact, I've been riding more this season than average. I know I've been raving about these things a lot around here, but to have tendonitis go away after a few years for no other discernable reason is enough for another posative post. Thanks Brant.

mtbr member

does it...

Quote Originally Posted by AteMrYeats
    I'm no doctor, but since I have been riding my Mary some tendonitis I have had in my thumbs for three years (since I started SS-ing) has disappeard in my left and lessened dramatically in my right. It was never that bad, but I'm glad to see it's going away. I havn't changed anything except the bars and a longer stem. In fact, I've been riding more this season than average. I know I've been raving about these things a lot around here, but to have tendonitis go away after a few years for no other discernable reason is enough for another posative post. Thanks Brant.
    Does it also cure the heeve-jeevies? Damn! I want one of them bars but they're expensive. Let me borrow them.

mtbr member

I agree

Since switching to a rigid fork at the end of last year, I have had some low-grade carpal tunnel type pain in the back of my hand after rides. I got the Mary bars about 2 weeks ago, and after 5+ rides, I haven't noticed the pain. The angle of the bars really does seem to be treating my wrists and hands better.

As far as being too expensive - I got mine for $55. Seems a fair price for a good bar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Does it also cure the heeve-jeevies? Damn! I want one of them bars but they're expensive. Let me borrow them.
    There's some going cheap on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ADME:B:LC:AU:1 just for your interest