magic gears rock !- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

magic gears rock !

so yeah, decided to SS my XC bike. Not a problem, I didn't ride it that much anyway. I have a feeling I'll be riding it a lot more now !

32 * 16 w/middleburn spiderless ring/surly cog.

StreakX RCZ frame, WB xc4 fork, king/DT/mavic wheels, king HS, WCS stem/seatpost

avid SD SL brakes/levers, flak jacket cabling, koolstop pads, titec flat bar (easton ec90 in the mail)

I looooove straight chainlines. I had to dremel about 2mm from the front of the driveside dropout to back off the chain tension a bit but now it's perfect. Unbelievable. I can put the singleator back.

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

(was) Big in Japan

sweet

nice! fast, fun looking machine you got there. I love the magic gear too - I've been lucky three times now.

Looks like a really racy setup - are your bars really 9 inches below your seat?
    Ride.

resident crackpot
    Tell me you used the Dremel on both dropouts!

mtbr member
    yes yes I did both dropouts - it's all good and centred. I have a muddy pic. Just waiting for the camera to charge. Bike rode amazingly well. The team I was helping out (not racing with) on the weekend's 24hr race unanimously decided that my bike did faster laps than their geared dualies. It did too ! It did about 7 laps before I even got to ride it on the dirt myself.

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

Members who have read this thread: 0