Loop H Bars- Mtbr.com

Thread: Loop H Bars

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Loop H Bars

I'm currently riding a Wabi Classic with Race Face Atlas riser bars. I'm considering switching the bars to the Jones Loop H for the extra hand positions. I don't like drops. I'd appreciate any feedback those that use these bars would like to share. Thanks.

MaxTheCyclist.com
    I used them for a while, as SS. It was very comfortable but two things came to light after 6 months of use:

1. I don't use the forward position that often. Theoretically they have built-in aerobars for descents or long rides, but even on bikepacking trips I preferred to be in the grips, with my chest open for good breathing.

2. I couldn't get as much leverage when climbing as I could with flat bars. On a SS this is especially important, since climbing is much more of a whole-body experience.

I ended up going back to flat bars, with a 12 backsweep, and that is working perfect for me, even on 100+ mile rides.
    Ultralight bikepacking and gear lists... MaxTheCyclist.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Thank you for the reply mdilthey. When you were using the h bars, did you feel you had good control over the bike when on the grips?

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by redtoad View Post
    I'm currently riding a Wabi Classic with Race Face Atlas riser bars. I'm considering switching the bars to the Jones Loop H for the extra hand positions. I don't like drops. I'd appreciate any feedback those that use these bars would like to share. Thanks.
    I have them on my Jones and love them but find the extra hand position I never use. For me they are better in the tech stuff than a flat bar and they eliminate hand fatigue, even on my rigid setup vs. any other bar I have used from flat low sweep through high sweep mary bars. These are the most efficient for me. I have ridden them in both serious AZ chunk and rocks and now Washington tech and roots, including drops and skinnies.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Thanks Crusher. Yours is the second reply stating that you don't use the forward hand position. I'm assuming then that the advantage of the Loop over the Jones H bar is the ability to attach accessories like lights, GPS, etc. I'm also assuming that the loop makes for a very solid bar, which I imagine is necessary when trail riding. That brings me to another question, if you don't mind. I'd like to get into a trail bike but know nothing about them. I am a fan of Surly bikes, so I was wondering if an Ogre would be a good starting point for a novice such as myself. Any and all opinions are appreciated.