Looking for Platform pedals- Mtbr.com
    Drinking the Slick_Juice

Looking for Platform pedals

Now im in the market for some new pedals. I had the Azonic magnesium pedal on my bike until the bearing craped out on me and now I want a nice pair of sealed cartridge bearing platform pedals. any suggestions?
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I like my Specialized Lo Pro Mags, if that's any help...

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    how do they hold up against muddy,wet conditions?

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    Mar 2007
    I rode oddsy trail mix mags for a while and absolutely loved them

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well I live in Scotland, so they've been exposed to their fair share of mud and muck over the winter. Still running smooth.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Kona Wah Wahs:

http://content.konaworld.com/webstor...Product_ID=205

Bought my last pair at Cambria Bike for good price and thier shipping was super fast!

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.a...LATFORM+PEDALS
    Get off the couch and ride!

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    do the pins on the wah wahs come off easily? Kona world is selling at MSRP ? what a shame , now I know where to not shop at. thanks guys but keep em coming

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Never had any problems with the pins, they are standard 3x10mm black oxide coatedd steel capscrews and go in from the backside. IF you bend them, Dremel them off flush and unscrew from the backside, screw in the new one and you're done! I have taken hundreds of miles, many rock/root strikes, mud, sand, etc. and no bent pins of problems. Yeah....Konaworld selling at msrp....LOL.... whatever.....that's why I didn't buy there!

The nice thing is the front and back edges are like a ramp so when you get a pedal strike it doesn't catch as badly on the leading edge. The Kona JackShit is a decent looking cheaper pedal. I looked at alot of dffernet pedals at LBS and the net before I bought my first pair of these.

Beware the Blackbuck!
    Mar 2008
    I recently did a lot of looking around for a good platform before I decided to wait. The most popular one I found was the Deity Decoy Pedal. Very similar to the Kona, and about 3 or 4 others, but the pins come out the tops so you can't damage the threads, and they're only 75 bucks. They had by far the most adamant users.

As far as Konaworld having the highest prices for Kona products, you'll never see a manufacturer selling their own product for less than MSRP, it's MSRP for a reason.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCast
    I recently did a lot of looking around for a good platform before I decided to wait. The most popular one I found was the Deity Decoy Pedal. Very similar to the Kona, and about 3 or 4 others, but the pins come out the tops so you can't damage the threads, and they're only 75 bucks. They had by far the most adamant users.

As far as Konaworld having the highest prices for Kona products, you'll never see a manufacturer selling their own product for less than MSRP, it's MSRP for a reason.
    The bad thing about the setscrews is that they get ripped out easier than a capscrew that goes in from the backside. Up to you.

Yeah MSRP is that for a reason.

Knockwood

Azonic pookies...

I like my Azonic pookie pedals.....even better than my Azonic magnesiums (and my bearings are still going strong) because they grip my shoes really well.
    "Arf" said Sandy.

mtbr member
    I've got Deity pedals on mine. Work great in all conditions.

http://www.ridesfo.com/servlet/the-1...-Pedals/Detail

Got them quickly from RIDE SFO. Cool company.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Another vote for the Kona Wah Wahs. Been on them for six months with no problems. I love them. They have a really good feelunddr my feet. I ride in old school type vans and they stick well.
    There's always money in the banana stand.

Members who have read this thread: 0