Looking for a one-inch threaded fork w/ disc mounts- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Looking for a one-inch threaded fork w/ disc mounts

What are my hopes/options?

Need it to complete a project I am working on.

Also would like it to be cheap.

Thanks!

KavuBiker

PS - if anyone has a threaded fork with at least a 270mm steerer and canti mounts, that would work too! PM me!

rejected
    none exist....

minister of chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuBiker

Thanks!

KavuBiker

PS - if anyone has a threaded fork with at least a 270mm steerer and canti mounts, that would work too! PM me!
    Your LBS can order a Dimention 1" threadless disc fork and thread it for you.
    Frank Tuesday
    minister of chaos
    franktuesday.blogspot.com

Powered by Pulvoron
    spicercycles dot com. he can order a Tange threaded or threadless and weld on disc tabs for around 70 $$.. contact gene.

dirt diggler

mtbr member

Sounds easy enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Tuesday
    Your LBS can order a Dimention 1" threadless disc fork and thread it for you.

Didn't know you could do that.

Thanks!

KavuBiker

highly visible

Limited options indeed

Quote Originally Posted by KavuBiker

Thanks!

KavuBiker

I looked into this a while back for my last (pre-disc) bike. Wasn't aware of the Dimension 1" threadless fork option, that's interesting. Anyway, custom is your only other choice. Either have someone like Spicer or Vulture mod an existing tabless fork, or have one built. I know Kelly will build one for you (that's what I considered for a while) but it'll run ya about $230.

rejected

Upset

Dimension [/U] DOES NOT [/U] offer a 1" disc specific fork, or even one with disc mounts for MTBR use..
    The fork that you see on a QBP catolog is a 1" cross fork, for 700c wheels, if you wanna use this for MTB use, then fine.. ITS NOT A MTB FORK, it is made for 700 C ROAD / CROSS disc applications... NOT FOR MTB USE!!! Get it straight guys!!

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by gspot
    Dimension [/U] DOES NOT [/U] offer a 1" disc specific fork, or even one with disc mounts for MTBR use..
    The fork that you see on a QBP catolog is a 1" cross fork, for 700c wheels, if you wanna use this for MTB use, then fine.. ITS NOT A MTB FORK, it is made for 700 C ROAD / CROSS disc applications... NOT FOR MTB USE!!! Get it straight guys!!
    Thanks for the clarification. That didn't seem right but I didn't bother to look it up.

mtbr member

How is that much different?

I would be running 700c wheels anyways. Plus, this isn't going to be for "freeriding" stuff. More like desert singletrack.

Anyways, I've already talked to Gene @ Spicer and he has agreed to go forward with some mods to a fork to get some disc tabs. Plus, he is also going to drill a cog with a disc bolt pattern so I can use that front-disc-hub-fixie method mentioned on this board.

The project crawls toward completion...

KavuBiker

minister of chaos
    What crawled up your butt? That fork is perfectly acceptable as a mtb fork. So they advertise it as a "cross" fork. So what? You may not be able to fit a 2.5" tyre, but a 2.1" will fit. Not to mention that it is actually designed with the loading that disc brakes put on a fork, unlike adding disc tabs to an older fork that was designed for the loads of canti brakes. Lastly, being a "cross" fork, the axle to crown distance is a bit shorter than current forks so it wouldn't mess the geometry up nearly as much.

I was trying to offer a cheap option that will work just fine for his application. It isn't suitable for trials or jumping or a number of other things, but it is a fine trail fork.
    Frank Tuesday
    minister of chaos
    franktuesday.blogspot.com