Ouch, I am hot!

Looking For No/Low Rise Carbon 28" Wide Bar for SS

I have always used DH bars for my single speeds. Went from aluminum to carbon a year ago and have not looked back. I don't care about the weight at all. I want/need carbon because of its shock absorption qualities. I noticed a big difference going from DH aluminum to DH carbon bars. I also need bars that are 28" wide.

I am looking for a carbon O/S (31.8) bar that is 28" wide and has either no rise or low rise of no more than one inch. I am running the FSA DH K-Force bars now, which I love, but the rise is 40mm. I want to get lower rise bars as I have no steerer tube spacers under my bars now and I want to lower my position a bit. My stem is no rise. I have seen the Easton bars and it look slike they too have 1.5 inch rise.

Any bars out there? I would consider carbon DH or XC bars as long as they meet the other requirements.

Also, I am open to the possibility of not using carbon anymore, but I will need convincing.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

seen this ?

i have a carbon ritchey wcs bar called "low rize" that is 31.8mm clamp, 6 degree bend, 15mm rise, and 9 degree sweep. sounds close to what you are looking for except it is only 660mm wide. it sounds like you were looking for something 28"/711mm wide. i want to sell this bar. i went back to the stock bar while i await my mary. i'm getting ready to post the ritchey wcs in the classified section.

...abuse these forks.
    I think chromag makes a bar of these parameters.
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

No Justice = No Peace

I would be afraid

28 sounds really wide for a carbon bar. Carbon breaks all at once, and I would think a wide bar like that would give you enough leverage to snap it off pretty easily.

If I were you, I would go to Black Sheep and get a custom titanium bar made for you. they look cool, you can get any bend you want, and it probably wont snap off in your hands....at least not as soon as carbon.
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutarious
    If I were you, I would go to Black Sheep and get a custom titanium bar made for you.
    Plus one on that thought, mine are 28" wide and have plenty of give. James can do whatever shape you are in need of.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Having a nice day!
    I picked up a 28" flat Moots Ti bar last week. First rides have been great. Any disadvantage the wide bars have for tight squeezes is more than offset by the leverage you get for powering up climbs. Kind of early to say if it is that much smoother, but I will say I felt pretty fresh after a good long day on the bike last Sunday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Salso ProMoto Carbon Riser is 680mm wide.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    An easton monkey-lite xc is 27" wide with 3/4" rise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    +1 for the Salsas in the flat bar version. Wide(27"), flat, carbon and available in 5 or 11 degrees of sweep(I like the 11s, but may try the 17 degree Salsas, available only in aluminium).
    Last edited by skidmark; 08-26-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    You COULD do it on a geared bike, but I wouldn't reccomend it!

Derailleurs are for failures!

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    race face atlas lo rise;
    not carbon
    27" wide
    .75" rise
    31.8mm clamp
    270 grams
    9* sweep

looks great to me.
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

Members who have read this thread: 0