Looking for a little head...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,111

    Looking for a little head...

    Just missing the headset to finish my new build.
    (Ok how do I attach an immage off the drive?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crux; 02-24-2004 at 07:55 PM. Reason: pic

  2. #2
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,749

    Me too!!

    Quote Originally Posted by crux

    Just missing the headset to finish my new build.
    (Ok how do I attach an immage off the drive?)
    I'm told I have a huge mellon....

    Downloading off the drive:

    Hit the Reply button my post.

    At the top of page Idirectly below the add banners) you'll see a whole line of links (my account, calendar, etc. etc.) On of those links is called "Upload Photos".

    Clink that link and you'll be taken to a dialogue box that gives you the option to "choose" a file. Click that link.

    You'll then be taken to your computer and you can select your image. After you've selected your image, click the "Submit" button. Your image should load with an URL. Copy the URL.

    With the URL copied, simply type the following exactly:

    '<'img src="copied url location"'>'

    Be sure to include the '<', the '>' but remove the ' ' from around them (I only presented them like this so that it would post as text, not as a picture) be sure to also include the set of quotation marks ("). Your picture will then load. Be sure to follow the file size limitations (200k) and the pixel width (600) as well, or your image won't load.

    Sounds a lot more complicated that it actually is. After all, if I can do it......

    Ken

  3. #3
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,247

    Idea! huh??

    I just go to "post reply" or similar, then down to "upload image".

    My images are already resized to 640X480. Once image is uploaded, just click on "close window"....image is attached and message is ready to submit.

  4. #4
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,749

    Hummmm

    Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz
    I just go to "post reply" or similar, then down to "upload image".

    My images are already resized to 640X480. Once image is uploaded, just click on "close window"....image is attached and message is ready to submit.
    Your way sounds easier than mine. I suggest taking Matt's approach.

    Ken

  5. #5
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,247

    ... and if we just ...

    Much easier than the old board....I still don't know how to cut and paste and all that crap.

    Old board I had to write down the http://www.consumerreview.com/images/....stuff.

    This is EZ!




    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    Your way sounds easier than mine. I suggest taking Matt's approach.

    Ken

  6. #6
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,111
    Ok I see how to upload an image, but the file size and dimensions are to large how do I crop this down?

  7. #7
    Fat Boy Deluxe
    Reputation: DmofoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Ok I see how to upload an image, but the file size and dimensions are to large how do I crop this down?
    You need some kind of photo program. A lot of people use Photoshop, but if you don't have access to it, it's pretty expensive if you just cropping or resizing images. If that's all you need to do, go to something like http://www.download.com and search for image software.

    DT

  8. #8
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,247

    ... and if we just ...

    Go to irfanview.com and download the FREE and spectacular photo fixer.

    Did I mention it's FREE!!?? And spectacular. free..


    Quote Originally Posted by DmofoT
    You need some kind of photo program. A lot of people use Photoshop, but if you don't have access to it, it's pretty expensive if you just cropping or resizing images. If that's all you need to do, go to something like http://www.download.com and search for image software.

    DT

  9. #9
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,111
    Pic worked. I want a cookie

  10. #10
    Fat Boy Deluxe
    Reputation: DmofoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    409

    Oh yea

    Nice bike man! Need more pics up close!

    DT

Similar Threads

  1. Joe Breeze / Otis Guy head angle tests
    By ssmike in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
  2. Ride to trail head? Drive to trail head?
    By weather in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 12:44 PM
  3. shortening head tube
    By rpet in forum Tooltime
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 11:24 AM
  4. Cowan head angle?
    By gimpykid in forum Kona
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 08:10 PM
  5. Fountain Head 1/20
    By NoVA-b in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 08:10 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.