A look at a Langster- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

A look at a Langster

I noticed the post below with mention of a Langster on order whith a local LBS. Thought you guys might like a quick look at one. This one lives in Austin and gets me to and from my bike shop job and home. Best part is retail is less than $500. I had to do some slight modification to meet my taste. enjoy...

Additionally, in the spirit of MTB content, I shamelessly added a picture of my Surly. Took alot of willpower not to order one of the Pink 1x1 frames they released this past wednesday. I know of 4 that will be rolling under some local austin bike chicks though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Man, that's just making Thursday (when I pick up MY Langster) seem farther and farther away!

edit: I've got a question...On specialized's site it says that the Langsters are either Columbus SLX or Specialized A1 tubing depending on size I assume. What size is your Langster and which tubeset is it made from? I figured that the smaller sizes would be SLX, but your frame appears to be pretty small (52-54cm?) and I don't see a Columbus sticker under the top tube junction on the seat tube. I've never seen a Columbus bike that didn't have the tubing sticker there, so I was just wondering. Thanks!
    Last edited by TACSTS; 03-14-2004 at 11:28 PM.

I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED

Yeah I hope the Langster shows up today....

Quote Originally Posted by ATXSS
    I noticed the post below with mention of a Langster on order whith a local LBS. Thought you guys might like a quick look at one. This one lives in Austin and gets me to and from my bike shop job and home. Best part is retail is less than $500. I had to do some slight modification to meet my taste. enjoy...

Additionally, in the spirit of MTB content, I shamelessly added a picture of my Surly. Took alot of willpower not to order one of the Pink 1x1 frames they released this past wednesday. I know of 4 that will be rolling under some local austin bike chicks though.

as I'll be doing some work at the LBS, only thing is it is sold already but I'm
    told if I want I can still get one.

What kind of brakes, cranks, seat post and seat are on it?

BTW yours looks nice! Good day-V V V
    Last edited by V V V ; 03-17-2004 at 03:34 PM.
    "As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can."
    -- Julius Caesar

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Keep us posted if it comes in. Especially look at the size and what tube set it is made from. I'm wondering what sizes get A1 and what gets SLX. I know it doesn't really matter, but it's gotten me curious.

On a side note I had emailed Specialized about a week ago regarding Langster availability, before I got mine ordered, and finally got a response yesterday. They say no more of the original run is left...BUT, they are planning on doing another production run due to be delivered around July. So if anyone still wants one that didn't get one, I guess not all hope is lost, but I'd suggest talking to the LBS soon.

formerly Giantxc

Tubing

According to their website the S Works model uses Columbus tubing while the Pro and standard models use A1.

Nice looking bike.