Locating cheap SS Wheelset- Mtbr.com
    Just Ride!

Locating cheap SS Wheelset

Trying to build up my old Bianchi SS just for cruising around but I don't need bling parts for it so where can I find cheap 6 bolt disc SS wheelsets? Thanks

Stayin' Puft
    QBP/Handspun wheels with Velocity red rims.

Look at aebike for cheapest price and free shipping.

Just Ride!
    I will check that out. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Check out your local Trek dealer. I've seen some good deals on take offs from Fisher Rigs. I guess I should have asked if it was for a 26" wheel but I figured people didn't ride those any more.

Just Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by azpoolguy
    Check out your local Trek dealer. I've seen some good deals on take offs from Fisher Rigs. I guess I should have asked if it was for a 26" wheel but I figured people didn't ride those any more.
    I forgot to mention it is for a 26. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I picked up a Forte Terramax wheelset from Performance Bike for about $120 or so...6 bolt & rim brake compatible. I rode on them for the last year or so without any problems at all...pretty cheap wheels but get the job done nicely!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    just throwing it out there....i know you said you don't want bling but, i have bling for sale CHEAP! SS 6- Blot Phil Wood hubs on Mavic 717 rims. silver hubs and rims, black spokes. 26" wheels the rear is brand new and the front was used for a month. $375. the hubs have a lifetime guarantee.
    -Kyle

www.ByeKyle.com
    Simple Strap

HTFU!
    I picked up a nice set of rims for CHEAP at bicyclewheelwharehouse.com. for my SS roadie. Very happy with the rims and the service. You could probably get a decent (low-end) pair of hand built rims for around $100ish.
    I no longer deserve a signature.

Currently in Exile
    You can find some really nice older stuff if you look around. I like to use old 7 speed wheel sets for my budget builds. You can get them for next to nothing. They are usually bullet proof. They have less offset than newer hubs. They give you lots of room to get the chain line right with the crankset.

I may even have a set in my garage that I would let you have for the price of shipping.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Yes , bicyclewheelwharehouse.com has some great buys.. blems custom build ,etc.. I have been VERY happy with the wheelsets I purchased from them.. Great Peeps
    Check them out before you buy..

Members who have read this thread: 0