Litespeed Obed- Mtbr.com

Thread: Litespeed Obed

Scant abuse

Litespeed Obed

All Mountain SS
    Attached Images Attached Images

ali'i hua
    wow- no replies?

fine looking steed! ti plus singlespeed is a fine combo.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    wow- no replies?

fine looking steed! ti plus singlespeed is a fine combo.
    It's certainly not that it doesn't deserve a reply. That's a beautiful bike! No doubt about that. Nicely outfitted, too.

How do I put this gently... there's... just... something... about... a... tensioner... especially on a dream bike like this one.

Not that it matters in real life. It's all about how you feel whenever you ride it.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Scant abuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    It's certainly not that it doesn't deserve a reply. That's a beautiful bike! No doubt about that. Nicely outfitted, too.

How do I put this gently... there's... just... something... about... a... tensioner... especially on a dream bike like this one.

Not that it matters in real life. It's all about how you feel whenever you ride it.

--Sparty
    I know what you mean but in this class (geo etc) there is only Obed and the Cove Hummer (also by Litespeed).
    You can get replacement horizontal dropouts for the Obed (have not actually seen them)..but I am not a big fan of them with QR wheels!
    Could be alot worse...it could have a derailier hangin and bangin off the back!!

mtbr member
    Nice bike and a worthy tensioner. Every method if tensioning has its trade-offs. After years of putting up with the various hassles of "cleaner" looking set-ups, I have gone back to tensioners. I prefer them to the slips/creaks/added weight/limited frame selectin and/or inferior reliability of the more aesthetic pleasing approaches.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Nice bike and a worthy tensioner. Every method if tensioning has its trade-offs. After years of putting up with the various hassles of "cleaner" looking set-ups, I have gone back to tensioners. I prefer them to the slips/creaks/added weight/limited frame selectin and/or inferior reliability of the more aesthetic pleasing approaches.
    Absolutely beautiful bike...$2.00 half link...DO NOW!! I had a tensioner on my Ti SS but recently added a half link and haven't had any issues in about 80 miles so far.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO carbon 29 2010 felt solo nine SS, 1994 Zaskar ,1995 GT Pantera, 2001 Hive Ti SS....

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Eno Eccentric hub. Well worth the money.

Members who have read this thread: 0