Learn me about EBB- Mtbr.com
    Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008

Learn me about EBB

So I was thinking of converting my stumpy ht to a singlespeed with an EBB conversion, from some place like beer components. I had a question to you more-seasoned ss'ers though. In a time where bike fit is pretty important, does an EBB throw that off at all? Say you have your geometry dialed, and then you move the crank a few millimeters to the front or back? is that going to change much about where your body is over your feet? or am i just overthinking this a little too much? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Depends how fussy you are (or think you are). I don't worry about it, especially as I'm out of the saddle more than I'm in it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    Depends how fussy you are (or think you are). I don't worry about it, especially as I'm out of the saddle more than I'm in it.
    Pretty much sums it up. No issues with mine, but I don't change gearing much.

Post up how the Beer EBB works out. If Canfield comes out with a PF30 Yelli, in putting a Beer EBB on it.

banned
    Depends on you. If you are a freak like me and have to have the saddle to crank position exact all the time, you will dis-like an EBB.

I have owned 3 different SS with EBB and now I am on my 2nd SS with sliders. Would never go back. Mentally I could not ride knowing my position could be off, sucks to OCD.

Members who have read this thread: 0