Lake Leatherwood Eureka Springs Arkansas- Mtbr.com
    HIYAH

Lake Leatherwood Eureka Springs Arkansas

Thinking about taking my SS on a weekend trip to leatherwood. I know some of you guys are Arkansas people...Anyone have experience at leatherwood with a SS. I have ridden it many times with a geary... I was thinking a 20 or 22 might get it. I run 32 up front.

Probably drunk right now

the last time I rode it...

Quote Originally Posted by On-One
    Thinking about taking my SS on a weekend trip to leatherwood. I know some of you guys are Arkansas people...Anyone have experience at leatherwood with a SS. I have ridden it many times with a geary... I was thinking a 20 or 22 might get it. I run 32 up front.
    34:19

I don't know where you're used to riding and gear selection is pretty subjectiive.

I'm running a 32:16 right now but if I were heading do to Leatherwood, I would proably go with a 32:17 or perhaps even a 32:18.

20 or 22 seems like overkill to me. There is so much ripping ridgeline trail there, that it would seem to me that you would be spinning out a lot.

Ken

HIYAH
    I ride 32:18 around the steep hills of Tulsa, but I just have this mental image in my head of the times I have raced up those hills at leatherwood...they are friggin brutal on my geary...of course I am seated and spinning on the geary (and going all out) - so the 32:18 might work out...but...

Probably drunk right now

So split the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by On-One
    I ride 32:18 around the steep hills of Tulsa, but I just have this mental image in my head of the times I have raced up those hills at leatherwood...they are friggin brutal on my geary...of course I am seated and spinning on the geary (and going all out) - so the 32:18 might work out...but...
    Grab a 19 and run with it. If you're riding an 18 around Turkey, I can't imagine you'd have any problem with Leatherwood. Then again, my perspective may be different than yours. I haven't seen a hill that I can't walk.

Ken

HIYAH

Yah about turkey

Just did a night ride at my favorite spot (turkey) tonight with the 32 18 and it worked great, even at night...so I may just try it at leatherwood...

Apparently moving to NM soon so have to get all of the arkansas I can stand in the next couple weekends!

Thanks for the advice