Kind, gentle question for SSO...- Mtbr.com
    Faster Than Your TV!

New question here. Kind, gentle question for SSO...

Where in the Wide World of F-ck is SSO issue #5, already? The enduro is in less than THREE days!

Put down (or at least aside) that homebrew, slide in behind the keyboard, and publish man, publish!
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

I am the owl
    How's that Annie song go....

BTW, the kegs of homebrew are gone, it's on to the Jack Frost bock.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

One gear to rule them all

Is the Enduro still on?

Hey Steve, Is it still on, with the weather we are having? Please PM or e-mail me any info you have. Thanks, Todd

The enduro is in less than THREE days!

Faster Than Your TV!

THAT must be the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    ...the kegs of homebrew are gone...
    Like I'm gonna complain about the Jack Frost bock!

I'm thinking slush more than ice, so it'll probably be the KM for me.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

Faster Than Your TV!

Listen! Check yer PM...

Quote Originally Posted by 32seventeen
    Hey Steve, Is it still on, with the weather we are having? Please PM or e-mail me any info you have. Thanks, Todd

Should be there. Also, send me a PM with your email addy and I'll add ya to my list.

Wrench In the Gears

mtbr member

I can't see how....

These look to be the worst ground conditions I've seen since moving here. Haven't ever ridden there though, so maybe I can't prejudge. But with all the ice and snow, over an inch of rain today and highs in the 40's tomorrow.....yuck.

Faster Than Your TV!

Sounds like...

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaSteve
    These look to be the worst ground conditions I've seen since moving here. Haven't ever ridden there though, so maybe I can't prejudge. But with all the ice and snow, over an inch of rain today and highs in the 40's tomorrow.....yuck.
    perfect Enduro conditions.

See you there?

Wrench In the Gears

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    perfect Enduro conditions.

See you there?
    Perfect conditions - for the riders or the trails? I'm starting to think the Shed sounds smarter.

But yeah, I aim to be there if it happens!

Faster Than Your TV!

No good Shed is...

Perfect conditions - for the riders or the trails? I'm starting to think the Shed sounds smarter.

But yeah, I aim to be there if it happens!
    in the same condition, plus large, hard, body-bruising, ice-encrusted objects called "rocks."

Wrench In the Gears

I am the owl
    The shed is still buried under deep snow and has been getting ice all night and morning. Sunday temps are forecast for a high of around freezing. Hopefully Ma Nature sticks w/ that plan.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

formerly Giantxc

No good weather

Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    The shed is still buried under deep snow and has been getting ice all night and morning. Sunday temps are forecast for a high of around freezing. Hopefully Ma Nature sticks w/ that plan.
    My weather report says rainy and warm (mid 40's) tomorrow followed by temps just above freezing Sunday. Should make for swamp riding at its finest.

mtbr member

re: weather

Quote Originally Posted by MrXC
    My weather report says rainy and warm (mid 40's) tomorrow followed by temps just above freezing Sunday. Should make for swamp riding at its finest.
    At ride time, it won't hit the high temp of the day. So I've got my money on it staying just below freezing for the ride. I'm staying optimistic, but bringing fenders just in case!

One gear to rule them all

We need to rename it the... SLUSSH

As I look out my window, into my back yard, with 12" of standing water, and 2" of ice at the bottom. I am wonder how many minutes of riding on wet/frozen trails, in below freezing temperatures I could take?
    Should I subject myself and my bike to conditions like that? I will wait until Sunday morning to decide ? It's gonna be UGLY
    I guess there is no chance of rescheduling...again?

[

Faster Than Your TV!

Step up to the plate...

I am wonder how many minutes of riding on wet/frozen trails, in below freezing temperatures I could take? [
    I mean, what the 'ell else are you gonna do in those conditions? If you show, you'll at least be able to answer that question.

As for rescheduling, the keg won't make it!

Wrench In the Gears

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    It doesn't matter when you reschedule it. That day will be Doomed with bad weather. Happened the last 3, 6, 20 times? RiderX, which god did you besmirch?

As I look out my window, into my back yard, with 12" of standing water, and 2" of ice at the bottom. I am wonder how many minutes of riding on wet/frozen trails, in below freezing temperatures I could take?
    Should I subject myself and my bike to conditions like that? I will wait until Sunday morning to decide ? It's gonna be UGLY
    I guess there is no chance of rescheduling...again?

[

mtbr member

"The curse of the Outlaw!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    It doesn't matter when you reschedule it. That day will be Doomed with bad weather. Happened the last 3, 6, 20 times? RiderX, which god did you besmirch?
    Dude, I was thinking the same thing. From the beginning we should have known we'd get a freak rain storm and the warmest weather of the winter. It was destined to be as soon as the date was set. The curse of the Outlaw!