Karma and my SS......- Mtbr.com
    The perfessor

Karma and my SS......

As a teacher, my year started out well between the work I put into my job and getting to ride / work out consistently.....but along comes bad decisions (massive epic ride / 2 days of rest / SS ride that strains and pulls some leg muscles at Thanksgiving) that cost me about 6 weeks, and unlucky timing (got sick at both Christmas / Spring breaks)......now summer gets here and just as the first holiday weekend gets here, I break a spoke on the FSR 29er so looks like SS 29er is gonna get to break me in for the summer.....somehow, I feel Karma is telling to get my @$$ back in shape, and be quick about it.....
    Rigid 29er Ti SS
    KHS Solo One SE 29er
    29er SC Tallboy AL
    Paketa Magnesium Road Bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_chrome View Post
    As a teacher, my year started out well between the work I put into my job and getting to ride / work out consistently.....but along comes bad decisions (massive epic ride / 2 days of rest / SS ride that strains and pulls some leg muscles at Thanksgiving) that cost me about 6 weeks, and unlucky timing (got sick at both Christmas / Spring breaks)......now summer gets here and just as the first holiday weekend gets here, I break a spoke on the FSR 29er so looks like SS 29er is gonna get to break me in for the summer.....somehow, I feel Karma is telling to get my @$$ back in shape, and be quick about it.....
    Most definitely, this seasons first ride on the single speed left me with many questions about my pedal fitness. Somehow there were no such questions when on the geared bike....You cannot fake the single speed ride! Here is to busting a lung!

The perfessor
    Quote Originally Posted by steelrigs View Post
    Most definitely, this seasons first ride on the single speed left me with many questions about my pedal fitness. Somehow there were no such questions when on the geared bike....You cannot fake the single speed ride! Here is to busting a lung!
    - uh, yeah......I'm currently riding the trails with the smallest hills while I develop some cadence before tackling the big hills......
    Rigid 29er Ti SS
    KHS Solo One SE 29er
    29er SC Tallboy AL

western NC
    Well, lucky for you, the SS will whip you into shape pretty quickly. Just listen to your body and don't overdo it, I did that early season last year, and ended up with SI joint issues that cost me the whole summer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yup. Been riding the heck out of my gravel bike. Hopped on the SS and realizeded just how out of shape I was. I'm not having fun but I'm going to stick with it to get over the hump.

The perfessor
    - distance is increasing, speed is climbing while the times are getting lower; is doesn't take long on a SS......
    Rigid 29er Ti SS
    KHS Solo One SE 29er
    29er SC Tallboy AL