K-Man, ever get your DEAN softail SS built??- Mtbr.com
    75% Mountain cycle

K-Man, ever get your DEAN softail SS built??

I ordered a Duke Softail 3 weeks ago with the new SS modular dropouts. Just wondering if K-Man ever got his and how it came out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Lets just say....

I ordered the frame the 1st week in July and well....I'm still waiting

I knew when I ordered the frame it was going to takes some time....I heard all the DEAN stories. I was in no rush as I needed to sell a frame anyway. I finally decided to call DEAN about a month ago just to chek the status, not to the builder yet. I contacted John at DEAN last week and told him this is getting a bit long, even for me. He is "supposed" to get with the builder to "get it going....not more than a couple of weeks." We will see.....

Since I was going with an EBB (disc) and a soft tail, the # of builders I can choose from are very limited. I can get another builder to build me one in steel, but the DEAN is only going to cost me a few $100 more....so steel or for about an extra $200 I can wait and get Ti.

KMan

Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan
    I ordered a Duke Softail 3 weeks ago with the new SS modular dropouts. Just wondering if K-Man ever got his and how it came out.

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I ordered the frame the 1st week in July and well....I'm still waiting

I knew when I ordered the frame it was going to takes some time....I heard all the DEAN stories. I was in no rush as I needed to sell a frame anyway. I finally decided to call DEAN about a month ago just to chek the status, not to the builder yet. I contacted John at DEAN last week and told him this is getting a bit long, even for me. He is "supposed" to get with the builder to "get it going....not more than a couple of weeks." We will see.....

Since I was going with an EBB (disc) and a soft tail, the # of builders I can choose from are very limited. I can get another builder to build me one in steel, but the DEAN is only going to cost me a few $100 more....so steel or for about an extra $200 I can wait and get Ti.

KMan

LOL, some things never change. Keep on 'em. The only thing that finally got mine going was a suggestion to just pull the plug. Ask 'em to throw in some swag for the delay.

75% Mountain cycle

I was figuring 10 weeks, but 4 months???

You are a more patient man than I am. That EBB disc softail sounds sweet. I do a fair bit of machining and I was going to make a rear dropout of my own for the non-drive side that had slotted disc mounts like the Surly 1X1 with the horizontal dropout. That way I can avoid the EBB issues some people have.

A word of caution, I just found out from DEAN they are now using the DT Swiss rear shock, not the Cane Creek on the Duke XC. You may want to make sure you are getting the rear shock you want. The DT Swiss is the same rear shock on the Cannondale Scapel, DT Swiss model number SSD210L, but of course it has a different lower mount. You may have ordered the Cane Creek but is that what you are getting?

The wait times are perplexing, I don't see DEAN being that busy that they wouldn't go "first order - first in production." I'll have to make sure I call after the quoted 8 weeks and every week there after.

Good luck and post pics when you get that baby!
    Attached Images Attached Images