Just some ugly photos of some nasty trails...- Mtbr.com
    Des(s)ert Rat

Just some ugly photos of some nasty trails...

No would want to ride here....

mtbr member
    Yeah, ick! Now that I know what your bike looks like... I'll be sure to say hi if I see you out there.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Nice. Beer or ice cream works for post ride...

mtbr member
    is that the road leading to this trail you speak of?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hope your headline was tongue in cheek..those trails look like something a mom pushing a stroller could do..
    I like big bars and I cannot lie

Birthday Collector
    I really liked Holy Cross and all the stuff in the Lunch Loops area when I visited there. Never saw any Ben 'n Jerry's along the trail though - damn, I must've been looking at the rocks or the views...
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living

Quote Originally Posted by jimx200
    Hope your headline was tongue in cheek..those trails look like something a mom pushing a stroller could do..

If you can clean all of Holy Cross I'll buy the ice cream.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse

If you can clean all of Holy Cross I'll buy the ice cream.
    For those of us who don't know what/where "Holy Cross" is, we don't have a frame of reference. These pictures of the "Nasty trail" makes them look pretty buff. Have some pictures of the really nastiness? I'd love to see them.

I wish MTBR would display user locations so I'd have some idea the general area the poster is from. :\

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaux
    I wish MTBR would display user locations so I'd have some idea the general area the poster is from. :\
    Yeah, like if we could just click on their profile and it would show the City/State? That would be awesome. Someone should suggest it to a mod!

Or you could look at the trail names in the second picture and do this....
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gunny+loop+holy+cross

But, I will cut you some slack and agree that the title was a bit deceptive given the pictures..... screampint tends to use a little sarcasm in her titles.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    Yeah, like if we could just click on their profile and it would show the City/State? That would be awesome. Someone should suggest it to a mod!

Or you could look at the trail names in the second picture and do this....
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gunny+loop+holy+cross

But, I will cut you some slack and agree that the title was a bit deceptive given the pictures..... screampint tends to use a little sarcasm in her titles.

Hey cobi, No reason to be a Jackass. My comment was a general observation of the site... not this thread in particular.

vBulletin (the software that runs this forum) by default lists "location" with the Username. This location is customizable by the user. It's been deactivated for this forum. Yeah, I could click on every user profile to see this info. This is a waste of a click (bad site usability) when that info is readily available.

mtbr member

Hey cobi, No reason to be a Jackass. My comment was a general observation of the site... not this thread in particular.

vBulletin (the software that runs this forum) by default lists "location" with the Username. This location is customizable by the user. It's been deactivated for this forum. Yeah, I could click on every user profile to see this info. This is a waste of a click (bad site usability) when that info is readily available.
    Gotcha... my bad. My response came off a little worse than I meant it to. I was just trying to point out there are ways to generally find out where someone is from.

But you are right, I would much rather see location under our user names than join date for example.

For those of us who don't know what/where "Holy Cross" is, we don't have a frame of reference. These pictures of the "Nasty trail" makes them look pretty buff. Have some pictures of the really nastiness? I'd love to see them.

Holy Cross is a fun trail near Grand Junction, CO. It is both aesthetic and technically difficult. I've had a lot of fun in years past riding sections that I found tough, and have on several occasions crashed spectacularly (ballet danced 50' down a talus field barely in control but miraculously upright the whole time.

I would recommend everyone ride it as soon as possible. It is a fun singlespeed trail, too.

Members who have read this thread: 0