Just picked up a "new" frame today ....- Mtbr.com
    Retired at 39

Just picked up a "new" frame today ....

Can't wait to get to work on her. Ebay rocks (sometimes). It's the 2003 Team model, disk tabs in rear (unlike the Solo One). I am going to have it professionally refinished with non-essential cable-guides removed etc. That'll make short work of the 25yr warrenty, but with the right touch she will make a nice SS.
    Sheesh .. I just got one finished ... this never seems to stop.

DJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
    The moby post is backwards.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Are you hoping to get lucky or are you going to ENO / EBB it?

Retired at 39

Wellllll ...

- as for the backwards post, I'll fix it once it arrives from California (I am in Canada)

- the ENO is nice, but they do not come in disc, do they? I don't know much about the EBB, but how can you retrofit a frame with an EBB?

DJ

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You can do an EBB retro-fit with a hacksaw, empty can of refried beans and jb weld.
    I've seen it done, I swear.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Quote Originally Posted by siochain
    - the ENO is nice, but they do not come in disc, do they? I don't know much about the EBB, but how can you retrofit a frame with an EBB?

DJ
    Allegedly, a disc ENO hub is in the works. Vulture Cycles does an EBB retrofit & paint for a very reasonable fee, from what I've read. Like maybe $200 for the whole deal? He cuts out the old one and torches in a new one. His toll free phone number is on his website.

Retired at 39

That's great news ...

on both counts!
    I'm sure there are loads of people itching for an Eno disc hub.
    200 dollars is very reasonable (in my books) for that kind of work as well. Man, that's a hard call ... considering I could have a wheelset that could be used on a similar set-up ... then again ...

DJ

mtbr member

I called about the ENO eccentric Disc.....

a few weeks ago and if I can get this right the latest word is that it is still not done.
    Right now you can buy the hub and as soon as the eccentric disc portion has been completed and all the bugs worked out, you can purchase that and attach it to the hub.

KMan

Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    Allegedly, a disc ENO hub is in the works. Vulture Cycles does an EBB retrofit & paint for a very reasonable fee, from what I've read. Like maybe $200 for the whole deal? He cuts out the old one and torches in a new one. His toll free phone number is on his website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by siochain
    - the ENO is nice, but they do not come in disc, do they? I don't know much about the EBB, but how can you retrofit a frame with an EBB?DJ
    I made a DIY eccentric hub from a Shimano XT, and have been using it on a Ti disc only softtail with no problems. Described in this thread back in janurary:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=2005

The disc capiler is a Magura Julie, it has a large pad with alot of clearance and it located very close to 12:00hr, so I have a full 5mm of movement with full brake function. Avid mechs will work too. Frame is a Sanvik direct, originally made for Mongoose.

The KHS should be amicable to this if you don't get a eBB retrofit.

Cheers,

Tom

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ENO Disk

One of my riding buddies bought the ENO disk hub from White two weeks ago. He put it in his Gunnar Rockhound and he was able to line up the rotor with the disk brake no problem. He figured at worst, he would have to wait until the Fall when those eccentric mounts are available. The hub is the usual high quality you would expect from White Industries. I will try and get a picture of the hub this week (it is in the shop waiting to be built).

It was cheaper than getting an EBB put in, lighter than an EBB set-up, and this way he did not have to refinish the Gunnar.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member

Hey, That's a pretty cool idea...

I had to put aside my CK rear disc hub/wheel to switch to a rear V-brake set up. Maybe I'll cut up that hub to do the same.........uh, maybe not

KMan

Quote Originally Posted by itsdoable
    I made a DIY eccentric hub from a Shimano XT, and have been using it on a Ti disc only softtail with no problems. Described in this thread back in janurary:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=2005

The disc capiler is a Magura Julie, it has a large pad with alot of clearance and it located very close to 12:00hr, so I have a full 5mm of movement with full brake function. Avid mechs will work too. Frame is a Sanvik direct, originally made for Mongoose.

The KHS should be amicable to this if you don't get a eBB retrofit.

Cheers,

Tom