Just couldn't stay away- Mtbr.com
    just 1 more

Just couldn't stay away

When we moved 1 year ago from Pa to Az there just wasn't room for everything and I had to give away (to a good riding bud) my steel Rockhopper partsbin SS. Was doing OK until I got on a Surly 1x1 a guy had at a cookout. Kinda wanted to find a steel orphan frame and build another one, but since it seems the Litespeed Pisgah is seeing little ride time these days....why not?! Emptied the boxes with all the ti and anodized parts and trinkets and here it is. This bike makes me smile just looking at it! Ringle skewers, Shift Biscuit pulley, vanilla Smoke tires, Speed Metal ti extractor crank bolts, Specialized ti seat, various other usless anodized bolts, and PowerGrips pedals. And it's a hoot to ride!
    Last edited by azjeff; 05-30-2011 at 08:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Welcome to Arizona! Tucson or Phoenix?

Nice bike.

I've never tried them, and frankly I cant see how you could ride a SS without clipless pedals, but do you like those pedal clippy thingys?

just 1 more
    Thanks for the welcome. 1 year yesterday and we're in Cottonwood.

The PowerGrips worked great for winter riding. I could wear light hikers and keep my feet from freezing. They work OK but I need to find some ATACs to throw on before I get serious on the trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0