The Jubel 15- Mtbr.com

Thread: The Jubel 15

mudnthebloodnthebeer

The Jubel 15

Sitting here pondering the aftermath of yet another incredible winter brew/third slice of pie season here in Beervana it occurred to me that once I work it off I might actually be stronger for having lugged it around for a couple of months, a la Jan Ullrich. Then again, I could be just another delusional drunk.

Any informed opinions out there?

Out spokin'

Dude, welcome to my world

Nothing matters. Listen to me, for mine is the voice of experience. Everything is temporal. In the words of Bob Dylan, "I used to care but... things have changed."

Winter weight? Like your bliss-induced hangover, this too shall pass. And yes, you will be stronger. That is, if you want to be. In fact, ONLY if you want to be. Welcome the future, for the future affords us the gift of hindsight. And through hindsight we are afforded the gift of objective perception -- reality unfurled. The future realized becomes the past. Expectations are either realized, turned into disappointments, or forgotten altogether.

How bad did we want it? Once the future becomes the past we see everything in perspective. How bad we wanted it becomes obvious. Welcome to the land of personal accountability... the belief that I am responsible for EVERYTHING -- good or bad -- that happens to me. Yeah, I created that.

Personally, I say drink the Jubel and eat the pie. Tomorrow may never come. But if it does, and we must assume it will, the mere act of embracing the concept of total personal accountability gives one the freedom to know (s)he is empowered to alter her/his universe simply by believing (s)he can.

That's real power. That's living on purpose.

Eat, drink, and get a damn haircut.

--Sparty

Quote Originally Posted by quaffimodo
    Sitting here pondering the aftermath of yet another incredible winter brew/third slice of pie season here in Beervana it occurred to me that once I work it off I might actually be stronger for having lugged it around for a couple of months, a la Jan Ullrich. Then again, I could be just another delusional drunk.

Any informed opinions out there?
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mudnthebloodnthebeer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus

Nothing matters.

Eat, drink, and get a damn haircut.

--Sparty
    Thanks, coach.