Jericho Bikes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jericho Bikes

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004

Jericho Bikes

Are these guys still around? It does not seem that their website is functioning..

SS Slave
    Last edited by SingleSpeedSlave; 02-18-2004 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Of course...

Seen them @ the 24 hrs. of old pueblo

Eric

Fight the Kakistocracy!

They're still here...

Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSlave
    Are these guys still around? It does not seem that their website is functioning..

SS Slave
    I spoke with Ogle at the 24 hours of the Old Pueblo. He said for everyone to hold their horses. He is in the middle of a total redesign of all/most of the bikes, and isn't actually working the customer service thing right now, he has huge fish to fry for the next generation of Jericho stuff, including rear cogs to match the SufferRings. All good things come to those who wait.

Scott
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004
    Hmm, so does that mean that you cannot buy any of their stuff for now? Like rings and guards?

SS Slave

Fight the Kakistocracy!

I'm sure they always like $$$

Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSlave
    Hmm, so does that mean that you cannot buy any of their stuff for now? Like rings and guards?

SS Slave
    I would email them and tell them you want to spend $$$, see what happens, with the 24 hour and the new stuff, he looked worn out, but he had a big smile when he mentioned new stuff, nothing specific, just a big grin.
    veelz

Jed Peters
    Keep calling, don't leave messages, just wait for Josh or Noah to pick up. He's around.

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    ....... and isn't actually working the customer service thing right now......
    Scott
    Thats not the type of statment that makes me comfortable about purchasing a company's product.

Single Speed Junkie
    To me it sounds as if Jericho became to sucessful to quick an the owners need some time to recover before becoming burnt out and no longer holding any passion for their bikes. I belive that they are doing what is best for them and would not hesitate to get a bike built from them over this. Wait it out and I'm sure you will be please with their new redesigned stuff. As Scott said "All good things come to those who wait."

"Mr. Britannica"

really

a simple message stating "we are currently taking a break" would prob do them good.

Jed Peters
    Ogled!

34N 118W

strike 3

a dead web link (from our sponsor!)
    a phone that just rings, or is disco.
    email no worky either.

Where do I send my $1300?!!!

This is not a new problem. Josh is a great guy, but very small steps could be taken to keep his rep intact. As mentioned, a simple message on the website, auto-reply email or answering message would ease suspicions. Last year I inquired about his frames, never heard back, so my money went elsewhere.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by crux
    To me it sounds as if Jericho became to sucessful to quick an the owners need some time to recover before becoming burnt out and no longer holding any passion for their bikes. I belive that they are doing what is best for them and would not hesitate to get a bike built from them over this. Wait it out and I'm sure you will be please with their new redesigned stuff. As Scott said "All good things come to those who wait."

Fight the Kakistocracy!

those were my words, not ogles

Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    Thats not the type of statment that makes me comfortable about purchasing a company's product.
    I implied that, of course it is an important part of a business, and I don't think that Josh wuld ever think that. He seemed overwhelmed a bit by what he is trying to do with the company, they are awesome guys, making an awesome product. Give them time to wow us, small companies always have some sort of growing pains.
    veelz

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

I wanted.....

an XTR bashring and ring 'a la Hollywood'...... no response to enquiies, so Warhawk got my business...... how many others?

ali'i hua
    well, im going to hold out and wait. I'd like a 32t sufferring for my 29er for when I convert it to ss.

I think that Josh has some cool stuff planned for this year, being SS specific, so hopefully he'll:

a- pay the website hosting fee
    b- start answering his damn phone. disco muzak? no way!
    c- get the cogs to the masses!

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004
    In the meantime, a ??? to Corky3, can you direct me to Warhawk?

I'm going to convert my f/s to a 1x9 since my legs are getting so beefy from riding the ss bike so much...

SS Slave

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

... and if we just ... Sss .....

you'll be wanting '"WW.WARHAWKINDUSTRIES.COM"

If you have to ask...

I talked to Josh at the 24 HITOP

and it certainly didn't seem as if he was quitting/going out of business. He did tell me that single speeds account for virtually all of his orders, so the geared stuff is going to be special order only from now on. This would probably be a great opportunity to get one of the already-made geared bikes cheap, though, because he wants to clear out stock.
    Yeah, the site being completely down is a bad thing. He should have some kind of simple "New Page Coming Soon" placeholder. As to the phone ringing, I didn't ask him about that.
    I guess the reality is that it is a very small company, and if they are going through a serious growing (I think shrinking is a better term) pain, they'll be a better, more responsive company towards their core market when all is said and done.

I personally would not hesitate to buy their products (if I could get ahold of them). One thing that has certainly not suffered at all in this phase is their quality.

miles

By the way, I don't actually own any Jericho products at all- but just because I got my SS before they came on the scene.

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Yea, I bought a Suffering within the past month or so. I couldn't buy it online through his website cause who ever made it f'd it up and it wasn't working, throwing out errors and whatnot. That might have something to do with the website, but you got me on the phone biz.

DT