jabberwocky brake rub- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

jabberwocky brake rub

i have a jabber with bb7s and the rotor is rubbing on the body of the brake, not the pad. local shop said to scrape all of the paint off of the inside of the frame where the brake mounts. i searched for a while and couldnt find anything about this but it seems like a pretty common setup around here so i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? thanks

mtbr member
    the rear wheel may not be exactly perpendicular to the dropouts. also scraping the paint may help a little bit. the brakes should have a couple of millimeters of play side to side that could be adjusted possibly.
    Ride & Smile

I'm attracted to Gravity!
    when I first built up my jabber with mavic A317 rims/deore hubs, I had to add a thin axle washer to the left side of the rear axle to get the rotor centered. With the 240s hub on there now I didn't have to do that.
    It could also just be wheel alignment, those tensioner bolts are nice, but need to be set correctly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    remind me again why we are supposed to support lbs? i cant find too many worth supporting. contrary to what the master mechanic told me i didnt need to scrape the paint off (but i did before i figured it out, thanks alot local mechanic). kinda hard to explain but the hub, a paul, has a nut that can be moved in or out to help line up the rotor and i must have accidentally moved it while changing a tire or gear recently. totally my fault but for accidentally doing it but i wish someone was willing to take an extra minute to actually look at the problem rather than spout out some answer that doesnt fix the problem and causes permanent damage to my new frame.

if you want something done right, ask for help on a forum and then do it yourself

Members who have read this thread: 0