jabber question's- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

jabber question's

hey all! i am in the process of getting parts for my new build. it is a 16 Jabberwocky with odis fork. current build is as follows
    Brakes- 185 bb7's sd7's jagwire ripcords
    wheels-surly hubs laced to semidisc's
    crankset-Shimano XT powder coated
    everything else is still up in the air so suggestions might be cool. was thinking about trying the Ragley bars. but now i have a question
    I bought the Ripcord kit and am not sure if i have enough housing to run full housing lengths. any body out there know if the supplied 3000mm is enough to run on the small jabber's?

whats the max tire clearance on these frames? ive seen pictures there Rampages look to barley fit in the back.

and besides the jabber nutz for tension could i use ISAR's tugs?
    stumpjumper 29 evo
    Jabberwocky
    Gt peace 9'r
    SE Lager

I'm attracted to Gravity!
    Ardent 2.25 on a Flow fits comfortably with the wheel most of the way forward. Going much bigger wouldn't fit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If you use a good quick release or bolt on skewer the screws provided provide plenty of hold for the hub

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've used tugs off of a monocog on mine before. I found the only problem with them was finding a scewer that was long enough. Other than that the Tugs worked fine, with a regular quick release.

mtbr member
    I used the Ripcord kit on my 20" and had plenty of length. Not sure if you have the 185 bb7's yet but I run 160 front and rear on mine and have no issues at all. I upgraded the rotors to the Alligator windcutter's and shaved some weight from the avids, plus they look way cooler!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    thanks for all the input good to know the brakes will be enough. i am running 160's on my GT currently and want to try there 185 should only be better right?
    stumpjumper 29 evo
    Jabberwocky
    Gt peace 9'r
    SE Lager

Members who have read this thread: 0