Isn't that how it always works???- Mtbr.com
    Low Rep Count

Isn't that how it always works???

Just to go along with my "Just Annoyed" thread, I now have more ebay ranting. I barely got up this morning and was thinking that I would just call out today. But I knew my brakes were due to be delivered so I came in. Shortly after arriving I got an email from the seller stating that he did not mail the via USPS Priority mail as the box he thought he could ship them in was too small and it was going to end up costing him more money so he mailed them parcel post. Funny, he did not mention that on Monday when he sent the email stating that he mailed them. Now he's saying that they probably won't show up until next Monday. Hmmm, make me think he never mailed them on Monday to start with.

So, I get over it. I have to go pick up some inserts/olives anyway since I will need to trim the lines and the bleed kit probably won't be in until some time next week anyway. Then I check my email for the status of my pedals and ti spindles. Both were mailed the same day via Priority Mail but only the spindles had a delivery date of 9/28. Low and behold at about 2 PM, a guy comes in my office with a package for me to sign for and it turns out to be my pedals. But no spindles! Dangit! I don't want to install the pedals and then have to take them back off to change out the spindles.

Man, this stuff just gets frustrating some times. It makes you wonder if saving money is really worth the agony some times....of course it is! At least I will be excited about coming to work on Monday now!

Gotta pay to play

Low Rep Count
    Yep, I'm not the only one with issues. None the less, I will take a little cheese with my wine, thank you!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    A guy walks into a hardware store and is looking at the selection of hammers. The owner greets him and asks if he needs some help. He tells the owner that he can buy the same hammer cheaper through a catalogue. The owner politely says,"come back next week and I will gladly sell you the hammer for that price. "

Ovaries on the Outside
    Why do weight weenies bother with brakes?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    2 of my bikes are brakeless, but it is not for weight.
    my 20" and my 24" bmx's are brakeless, neither are light, 30 and 34lbs.
    they are breakless because I bend wheels so fast that I cant stand the viscious cycle,
    true wheel, dial in breaks, do some 360's bend wheel , un dial brakes, finish ride, true wheel, dial breaks in, go ride do some tailwhips, land low bend wheel, un dial breaks, ect.

but those bikes rarely get going over 20mph, and I have been rideing breakless for 12+ years so I have my brakeless skills dialed. there is more than one way to stop a bike gracefully

Low Rep Count
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth View Post
    Gotta slow it down somehow. Obviously, I'm not a real WW. I mean, I went with Elixir's for crying out loud.

BTW, I too rode brakeless for years on my bmx. You learn to cope, that is for sure. But man, it looks so much cleaner. Don't think i will be trying that out on the trails though.