Iron Wood 2fer- Mtbr.com

Thread: Iron Wood 2fer

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ... Iron Wood 2fer

Shano and I did a back to back ride up Iron Mountain and Mt. Laguna in one day. It's has been awhile since he's done Iron and lately there has been a complete sanitation done on the mountain. He wanted to see the damages first hand on what was once a technical trail.

The climb up in the early morn' was nice cool.

Interestingly enough, we found a new trail that has been cut widely that cuts out some of the much harder climbs.

Once at the top we ran across an elderly man who hikes up Iron Mtn. on a regular basis and was quite familiar with all the trail work and the contracted laborers from the Las Colinas detention center for women that has done the work. According to the information he has received, the work is not complete and yet to be finished.

From an elderly (who is a local) stand point he actually like how the trails are sanitized and that his main concerns were erosion and plus it makes the hike up for him much easier.

After talking to the elder, It was time to descend.

Shano killing the tamed trail on his Grimace colored SS.

for the chunky goodness.

After the quick descend we hightailed up to the East mountains of the Lagunas and he immediately worked on some wood

This one is called the caterpillar roll

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XwM0qQuBHFM?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would say that Shano has a woodie for wood

even managed wheelie drop.

This log roll is towards Noble Canyon and it is called the Garbage roll.
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-lNzpq_Y-vg?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Lagunas were in great shape and it's really nice to see all the flowers in bloom.

What a great day, the temps were perfect!

Apr 2007
    I'd negative rep you, because the trails here are still closed, but that would not be a good way to end the day after that perfect ride.

Nice pics. Too bad about the trail. One of the popular trails here just got pedestrianized last year. Went from tech to bleck.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Looks like an amazing walk for me. I can only bike on mostly flat ground. nice work on the consistent photo journalism and ****.

Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    Nice pics. Too bad about the trail. One of the popular trails here just got pedestrianized last year. Went from tech to bleck.
    They guys in my area like to do the same thing. Lamers.

Members who have read this thread: 0