Input???- Mtbr.com

Thread: Input???

Low Rep Count

Input???

Anyone seen these before? Looking to upgrade my levers (currently have some Forte' ones on) due to them being frickin loud! I mean they rattle and click when being used. I have the stock ones that came with my bike (Tektro-CHEAP!) but they did not fit on my new carbon bars that well so I used a set of Forte's that I had from when I tried out the SS conversion think 2 years ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just curious if anyone has seen them, owned them, heard anthing about them. I mean they are super light but don't know anything else.

mtbr member
    I don't believe those levers have a return spring to pull the lever quickly back into place when you let go, instead they rely on the brake pushing back on the cable. Still functions the same, some people just don't like the feel

Personally I think the best deal on cable brake levers are the Avid Speed Dial 7's. Not as light as those but really good on features and quality versus price. No loud rattling or noises either, but they do make a faint sound like a small bell when on bumpy ground

Low Rep Count
    I hear you and the description has odd wording. I cut this from the add where it mentions a linear spring.

"This V brake set from TR is very stiff by hiring AL7075 T7 heat treatment and Featured by Linear spring with balance adjustment design."

Low Rep Count
    Definitely cost alot more. I was hoping to find a carbon lever but the only thing that pops up is Tektro!!!! YUCK. I would probably be just as happy with an XT/XTR lever as I loved the shape/feel of my old XTR rapid fire set up on my XC bike.

mtbr member
    I really do like avid levers. I was really happy with the speed dial 7's when i was running v brakes.These are hot though
    http://www.sram.com/en/avid/levers/index.php#

They actually pivot on a sealed cartridge bearing and weigh 159 grams. They're not carbon, but they look sweet.

Low Rep Count
    I assume you are referring to the Ultimates and not the 7's correct?

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    another vote in for speed dial 7's.

Just noticed the sig 1SPD. lol

Low Rep Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    another vote in for speed dial 7's.

Just noticed the sig 1SPD. lol
    I couldn't help myself! Even though I am riding a steel frame, I have been riding long enough that to know that lighter is better in some regards. Personally, I know my next frame will be a Ti one. Considering a Seven but who knows, gotta get the money first. Did you get my chain ring done yet?

Ovaries on the Outside
    I've only used some really old Shimano LXs, Avid Fr-5s and the 7s. I don't think any made any noise and at this point, I liked the tactile feel on the 5s the most. I mean, lack of tactile feel, cause I could panic grab without locking up the wheels.

That is the problem with asking for input on the forums. You're likely getting a lot of feedback from lazy chode bags without any real riding talent.

Low Rep Count
    To a degree, I will say that I am anti Shimano having been a Campy guy for way too many years, so the XT/XTR levers may be out (then again, I have an xtr crank on the bike right now) But for the same money as those I can get the ones listed in the first post of this thread. Right now, I don't know. What I have works, they just make noise.

Members who have read this thread: 0