Inbred vs. Inbred 456 geo (and Ti vs Steel)?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Inbred vs. Inbred 456 geo (and Ti vs Steel)?

Hi All,

This isn't an SS specific question but since the Inbreds are popular SS-bikes I thought I'd post here.

Case in question:
    I have been offerd to buy a "classic" Ti Inbred and would like to hear if anyone has input on difference between this and 456 geo and also steel vs Ti (feel and weight).

Also; I assume that 20" would be OK for me at 6 ft 1.7 inch with long arms and legs.

I have tried one of my biking buddies' 20" steel 456 and liked it a lot (although it had 140 mm suspension fork)

My current bike is an old Kona which is a bit small, has no possibility for disc brakes and only fits 2.25 in the rear triangle:

(And yes, I have shortened the brake cable housings since that pic vas taken )

Cheers & TIA
    /Johan

mtbr member
    I posted on the difference between the Ti29er Inbred and Steel 29er Inbred in the post linked below. Have a look there.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=583817

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks hchchch (hope I spelled that right ). Very interesting read on Ti vs steel.

Cheers
    /Johan

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I owned a Inbred with a 4" fork, and my friend owned a 456 with a 5" fork which I rode frequently. The geometries of the two bikes were very similar, and I think the 456 with the 5" fork was a hair more relaxed. If you liked the 456 with 140mm, I think you'll like the classic Ti.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Tanks for the input mechanic. Very nice with first hand info.
    Cheers
    /johan

Members who have read this thread: 0