Inbred slider replacements- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Inbred slider replacements

Hey Inbred owners, anyone tried to get replacement sliders? My SS drive side slider stripped, trying to get one from the US distributor Zedsport, having no luck. They don't have any more and they are saying England has no more. What now, new bike? I like my bike, just need a slider, anybody got a spare SS drive side slider?

conjoinicorned

with luck brant will see this thread

did you try emailing brant through www.on-one.co.uk ? he seems to respond quick. i'll be watching this with interest as i love mine and now i'm scared...
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The website shows no stock for frames parts for the one I need. Tried to pass an email seeing if he had any stock coming in, with no response. I'm not blaming him, maybe my email got overlooked with the hustle and concerns of the new shipment of bikes.

RJG
    mtbr member
    I second the suggestion to e mail Brandt. Check your spam mail, the few times I've corresponded with him his e mails ended up in the spam.
    You could switch the driveside and the other side. The other chain tug doesn't really do anything. If the non driveside chain tug is working it will work temporarily on the drive side.
    The website used to have a new and improved chunky slider but I don't see it now.
    Rick

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I think you got it mixed up. It is not the chain tug, I have the beefy chain-tugs, it is the sliding dropout that is stripped.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Did yours come with the optional derailure hanger/slider? Mine had both in the box.

mtbr member

Stripped?

What do you mean by stripped? If the threads in the slider are stripped you should be able to repair them with a hylicoil (sp?) or by drilling and tapping to a larger bolt size. If you can't do the work you should be able to find a machine shop to do it and be back on the bike by the weekend.

-mark
    27 GEARS AND NO STYLE

I always bleed like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla.
    Did yours come with the optional derailure hanger/slider? Mine had both in the box.
    Good call.

Members who have read this thread: 0