I'm a WUSS- Mtbr.com

Thread: I'm a WUSS

dog meat ankles

I'm a WUSS

I found a decent deal on a Bianchi WUSS, about 1k for a new one at a local bike shop.

I've read about them and think it's a pretty sweet setup--given the best I could do otherwise is build my own Zion from parts I bought off of the internet--although Jenson has a cool deal on a 05 SASS for less than 1000 dollars, the problem is getting it shipped.

I know it's hard to go wrong with Bianchi, but does anyone have any better options?

I've tried Kona, and there are no local dealers, Surly is too expensive to get a build kit for AND a front fork...

I'm sort of out of options.

Holy crap, 15 bucks to get the SASS shipped... I think I may have a winner.
    Last edited by PapaLegba; 08-19-2006 at 05:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The SASS is the best deal I could find right now, its probably only a 600 dollar bike since its an 05 and 07's are around the corner, but they throw in the fork.

I just did an exhausted search for 4 days and I too bought a SASS from jenson. Great bike great price. If you are looking to keep it under 1000, I dont think you can do much better. If I had my druthers I would have bought a WUSS but at 1300 and none in my state anywhere, the SASS fell into my lap.

The sass is steel and heavier then the WuSS. 1000 for the wuss is a nice deal though, I would think about it if you are really into SS and want to race.

Dont forget to order any extra freewheels youwant and the tool to change them out. bike comes 32/16 and depending where you are you might want something different.

check you pm

dog meat ankles
    Quote Originally Posted by heythorp
    The SASS is the best deal I could find right now.
    Yeah, the free Marzocchi fork and cheap shipping is very tempting to me.

But I think that the WUSS, being a lighter bike and only 100 bucks more will be my choice.

I'll swing by the bike shop tomorrow and give it another ride before making up my mind--but it's the best deal I could find, not the cheapest, but value-wise pretty decent.

Members who have read this thread: 0