I'm a virgin.- Mtbr.com

Thread: I'm a virgin.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

I'm a virgin.

Okay, I'm so sold on divorcing my gears and being single. I have a few questions. I have a 2011 Cannondale SL2 that I just picked up and I have no idea where to start with this. I would like to buy all the parts needed before I convert mainly because it's my only ride. I'm not even sure if I'm going to like it, and don't know anyone that owns one considering I ride solo 100% of the time. But I'm willing to spend the money and give it a fair shot like 2-3 months before I really make my decision because I absolutely hated mountainbiking in general at first and now it's my life. So basically what I'm looking for is a list of all the parts needed to convert, and is this bike going to make a solid SS? What convinced me to give it a shot is, it just seems like a different kind of ride. Like SS riders have so much more passion, an are just more chill and that's my scene. This is gonna sound stupid but I'm a flowy dude. Haha

mtbr member
    I can' t believe I have to be the one wasting my time responding to this. Usually you guys are on this stuff faster.

OP--there are probably 1000 threads with your same question, take your flowyness over to the search bar at the top left of the page.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Listen buddy, I don't spend 5 hours a day on these forums nor do I have time to sit and search for exactly what I need. These forums are made for people like me. I wasn't interested in a smart remark, I was interested in some help from somebody obviously less intellectually declined as yourself that isn't "wasting their time." So with that said I don't think I'll search it, I think I'll wait for someone that knows a thing or two about the subject that's willing to help. This post wasn't made for people like you that get irritated when they find the time to read and reply. This post was made to get fast information about something I know nothing about. You should give the flowy thing a shot, you might be a happier person. Have a good one man. Next.

one chain loop
    good luck getting a reply, but then again newbies are always willing to help.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I got 2 replies in a little over an hour, I think I'll take my chances. Next.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Dood. Get laid. You spent more time posting and demanding help than you did/would have spent inspecting the entire SS page.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

mtbr member
    if you are bicycle inclined at all, making a bicycle have one gear is a piece of cake. We've done it DURING rides where peoples derailleurs have died.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thank you Dion, I appreciate all of your wasted time believe it or not. As for getting laid, what do you think I was doing in between posts? Why do you think I'm so flowy?

Out spokin'

Train wreck

Thin skin ain't a good thing to bring to any internet forum. Anyway, the SS forum is especially irreverent, so OP, I hope you'll take what you're getting here with a few ounces of salt. Those that roll seem to suffer least.

Down to biz. There's a well concealed FAQ near the top right corner of this page. Take a read on that and then bring your specific questions. In spite of first impressions, you'll find many of these bozos are pretty helpful and knowledgeable. Watch out for a cat named umarth, tho. You won't be a virgin for long.

Er, welcome.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Anyway, the SS forum is especially irreverent, so OP, I hope you'll take what you're getting here with a few grams of salt. Those that roll seem to suffer least.

I like labradoodles and long walks on the beach at sunset. I'm open to other suggestions, as well.

--sParty
    I'd say we're more irrelevant than irreverent. I spend plenty of time worshiping myself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks sParty, I can play as well. I just prefer more good natured fun and ball busting, rather than some keyboard warrior trying to make me look like an idiot for posting a simple question even if he's heard it 300 times this evening. I planned on getting to the specifics after I learned what was needed and a little more about it. You pointing out the FAQ's page that was basically slapping me in the face, was great help. I'm not here to make enemies in fact I'm here for the exact opposite reason. Again thanks for your moral support!

Apr 2007
    Brings up an issue - The FAQ needs to be more visible. I didn't even realize it was there for a long time.

CHUM to the rescue?

Bro
    Content from my avatar

CHUM! Come here, CHUM! Hey CHUM, we got midgets! And beer! We always got beer! Hey CHUM! Come here!

*It's my patented CHUM call. None of yous can use it.*

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattersonmotorsports13m View Post
    Thanks sParty, I can play as well. I just prefer more good natured fun and ball busting, rather than some keyboard warrior trying to make me look like an idiot for posting a simple question even if he's heard it 300 times this evening. I planned on getting to the specifics after I learned what was needed and a little more about it. You pointing out the FAQ's page that was basically slapping me in the face, was great help. I'm not here to make enemies in fact I'm here for the exact opposite reason. Again thanks for your moral support!
    You're welcome. Don't forget I like those long walks on the breach.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    You're welcome. Don't forget I like those long walks on the breach.

--sParty
    Easy girl, you haven't even taken me out to dinner yet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thank you Dion, I appreciate all of your wasted time believe it or not. As for getting laid, what do you think I was doing in between posts? Why do you think I'm so flowy?
    Not a problem, man. This should end the thread...

1. Remove your shifters, derailleurs, small chainring, big chainring, cassette, sand in vagina.
    2. Buy a single speed conversion kit, install it,
    3. Shorten chain, reinstall
    4. Go ride

SS riders generally are chill, but because we ride SS should tell you one thing, we hate laziness.

mtbr member
    Now that you realize there was 5 different ways for you to go about this welcome to the page
    Sometimes a good ***** slap is just what you need.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Hehehe. This thread just got bumped by spam. You get laid yet, Patterson?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut View Post
    Brings up an issue - The FAQ needs to be more visible. I didn't even realize it was there for a long time.

CHUM to the rescue?
    No kidding -- poor guy got flamed for failing to see a well-hidden link.

OP -- once you get past the "too cool" attitude of some of the denizens of this forum, you'll probably find it to be pretty entertaining and informative. Under the topic heading of "You Can't Tell the Players Without a Program" it's probably helpful to know that Sparticus and Umarth are the Akbar and Jeff of this board . . . .