I need a nice 34t ring for my 970 XTR cranks- Mtbr.com
    bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

I need a nice 34t ring for my 970 XTR cranks

for SS.

recommendations?

mtbr member
    I've had good luck with the MRP Podium rings, and the Race Face Single rings.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    i have ran numerous e13 guiderings on my xtr 970 cranks (from 32t thru 38, settled on 36t)....they have been great. ss or 1x10....they work great, look great and are reasonable priced! the "platinum" color looks *****in on the 970 cranks.

e*thirteen components

oh, and my ring looks more polished than the pics on the internet, most pics on the internet show thr rings have a more satin or blasted finish, but my e13 rings are more polished and shiny....
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You can run any 4x104 Singlespeed ring. Personally, I've run Blackspire Mono Veloce, Race Face, Salsa, and Truvativ with decent results. I've run most, if not all, setup as single and 1x9. I've not noticed much of a difference between any of them, quite frankly. The only rings that I've had problems with in the past were the surly steel rings (their cogs are great though).

Members who have read this thread: 0