I can now officially post here!!!- Mtbr.com
    Hoosier

I can now officially post here!!!

I've been slow to get these up but last week I finished up converting my Cannondale F600 to SS. Since I was down visiting my house at school I got to take it out to Brown County (IN) for my first SS ride. It was foggy out and had rained the night before but the ride was great and I couldn't be happier. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SS is like beer...its an acquired taste.

organically fed
    Oh, so that chain tensioner pushes the chain down and others push it up.
    Is there any reason for one or the other, or is it just a matter of run whut you brung?

My bike is currently "ghetto SS"...I just have the busted derailleur stuck on one rear cog while I play around and see how I like SS (it had already been a 1x9). So far, I think it's totally rad because it reminds me of the days when we used to say "rad".

ps, no thanks for the leg shot.

surfer w/out waves
    gotta love them tanlines! I really think those C'dale forks look just ride on an SS build... How about taking another link outta the chain? Doable?
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!..." -- Dennis the Peasant

Hoosier
    Quote Originally Posted by havnmonkey
    gotta love them tanlines! I really think those C'dale forks look just ride on an SS build... How about taking another link outta the chain? Doable?
    The fun part was most of that "tan" was mud haha. I'm not sure about the chain, I'll try that out though, I'm still learning as I'm going with the whole SS thing.

As far as why my chain tensioner pushes up as opposed to down. I have no idea, thats the way Misfit Psycles made it.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    I'm sorry Keatan, but we have a strict "no headshok" policy on this board, so you can't officially post here. The Moderators will be in touch!

Just kidding!
    Nice bike!
    The idea of a tensioner pushing up is you get more chain wrap on the rear cog, which is a good thing.
    It doesn't work on all frames due to chainstay clearance and chain length; nothing wrong with push down, IMO.

viva la v-brakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    The idea of a tensioner pushing up is you get more chain wrap on the rear cog, which is a good thing.
    It doesn't work on all frames due to chainstay clearance and chain length; nothing wrong with push down, IMO.
    Yeah, but the chain should be shortened by a link or so.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

Hoosier
    Thanks for the tip! I took a chain link out today and not only does the chain still fit but it turns out thats a magic gear and I don't need that tensioner at all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keatan
    Thanks for the tip! I took a chain link out today and not only does the chain still fit but it turns out thats a magic gear and I don't need that tensioner at all.
    Just got your PM. So what size chain ring and cog are you currently running?

Hoosier
    32:18

LOL WUT?
    keatan, i got the same chain tensioner, rock on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keatan
    32:18
    That's exactly the same gears I'm running. I guess I'll just have to wait till the chain stretches long enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0