I am not happy..- Mtbr.com
    Retro Grouch

I am not happy..

If you all remember, I bought a Stronglight crank for my old Peugeot. The crank was only the drive side so I picked up a NTM Sugino left crank.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=271699

I tried to put it together this evening and guess what? different square taper sizes. That's right ISO vs JIS. but get this, according to Sheldon Brown the usual suspect would be the Strong Light being too small http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html#square. My problem is the Stronglight fits fine on my Suntour axle, but the Sugino is too small. I double checked with a Shimano BB with the same result. Fortunatly,it turns out the old crank was also a 170. It is nowhere as elegant as the Sugino but it will have to do.

1G1G, Brad
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    If you all remember, I bought a Stronglight crank .... It is nowhere as elegant as the Sugino but it will have to do.

1G1G, Brad
    Be happy, Brad. It will feel the same to your legs while you're rolling down the road and life's just too short to be unhappy about something like this. Own your stuff, don't let it own you.

Yeah, like I'm telling you something you don't already know/practice way better than me.

--Sparty
    Last edited by Sparticus; 02-28-2007 at 12:06 AM.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Members who have read this thread: 0