Hydro line help on 1x1- Mtbr.com
    indigosky

Hydro line help on 1x1

Ok,

Do I drill out the cable stops on my 1x1 to run my hydro rear brake?

Is there another solution besides zipties?

www.justthebonnet.com
    Problem solvers:
    These just go into the cable stops and secure your hydro line. I use them on my geary, they work fine:
    http://www.cambriabike.com/brakes/pr...ine_guides.htm

zeebot
    Quote Originally Posted by indigosky
    Ok,

Do I drill out the cable stops on my 1x1 to run my hydro rear brake?

Is there another solution besides zipties?
    mine were drilled out.

mtbr member

try lbs

my trek came with some from the factory, just like the ones in that link from the other guy, one of them broke on me and my lbs had some.

mtbr member

more info

indigosky

It's been shipped...

Quote Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou
    mine were drilled out.
    Spooky: Yours was pre-drilled out, or did the shop do I during the build?

The shop said I should have it by Wednesday! I ordered much bling to install, without going over the top (Hollywood...). Got gothic rotors, Maxm seatpost (to match the bars), lots of red ano bolts & red ano hydro adaptors from Cambria. Thanks for the suggestion everybody. The whole black & red look. kickass... I will post pics as it gets built.

My wife is due April 23, but our son was 10 days early when he was born, so I wonder which will arrive first. Hopefully the frame (don't let the missus hear me say that) so I will have a couple of days to assemble.

zeebot
    Spooky: Yours was pre-drilled out, or did the shop do I during the build?

The shop said I should have it by Wednesday! I ordered much bling to install, without going over the top (Hollywood...). Got gothic rotors, Maxm seatpost (to match the bars), lots of red ano bolts. The whole black & red look. kickass... I will post pics as it gets built.

My wife is due April 23, but our son was 10 days early when he was born, so I wonder which will arrive first. Hopefully the frame (don't let the missus hear me say that) so I will have a couple of days to assemble.
    lol....

the shop drilled it during the build. i'm debating getting one of those things that screws into the fork but the 2 zip ties seem to work fine and they are much cheaper

can't wait to see it. i absolutely can't wait to hit pisgah on my ss on may 1st!

indigosky

The Dirt Rag contest...

this month is for a pair of carbon Martas. After seeing them on your pinky, I had to enter. keep my fingers crossed!

Homer Simpson:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHPFT, CAAAAAAARBON FIBER............

zeebot
    this month is for a pair of carbon Martas. After seeing them on your pinky, I had to enter. keep my fingers crossed!

Homer Simpson:

love em. best brakes i've had before. that means i like them more than avid mechs, magura louise, and various rim brakes.

if you happen to not win them i got mine off ebay brand new from a guy that seems to always sell them. they were 350. thats quite a bit cheaper than you'll pay elsewhere i think. kingair or something like that is the ebay user id. i could get you the exact if ya need it.

zeebot

duno if you saw this post a few days ago...

love em. best brakes i've had before. that means i like them more than avid mechs, magura louise, and various rim brakes.

if you happen to not win them i got mine off ebay brand new from a guy that seems to always sell them. they were 350. thats quite a bit cheaper than you'll pay elsewhere i think. kingair or something like that is the ebay user id. i could get you the exact if ya need it.

my carbon is not so pretty anymore but atleast it passed the stress tests with flying colors...all those marks you see on the blade are dents/scratches from a hard hit on a rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

indigosky

nice dings!

my carbon is not so pretty anymore but atleast it passed the stress tests with flying colors...all those marks you see on the blade are dents scratches from a hard hit on a rock.
    And how did you fair in the crash? I don't think I'll be buying much else for a while after the baby is born. I sold a ton of stuff on ebay to finance the 1x1. I can't believe what people paid for it, not that I'm complaining. Sold an xt rear hub for $52!!!!!!! Holy crap!

zeebot
    And how did you fair in the crash? I don't think I'll be buying much else for a while after the baby is born. I sold a ton of stuff on ebay to finance the 1x1. I can't believe what people paid for it, not that I'm complaining. Sold an xt rear hub for $52!!!!!!! Holy crap!
    i landed on my shoulder but thats why i go to the gym...suspension no damage done.

i sold a lot of stuff on ebay to finance mine as well. couldnt believe the SS added up to over 2 grand when everything was said and done. i actually made a profit on quite a few of the items that i had bought brand new last fall and used for 6 months. i guess people dont know about the great sites like we do and think they are getting a good deal because its still less than their lbs.

Bikes not Bombs.....

Carbon Fiber levers....

Homer Simpson:

I told my wife for good health, I am suppose to have something like 30 grams of fiber per day, so I ordered a pair of the Hayes Carbon fiber levers to get my daily dose.... so did not laugh.... wierd, I thought it was funny....

JS
    Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... -