Hunter SS Convert- Mtbr.com
    BontyHunter

Hunter SS Convert

Hello SS World,

Unfortunately, due to my work situation I may have to part with my beloved Hunter convert. So I'm guaging interest in the SF/SJ/Monterey Bay area. I bought the frame and ridgid fork about 9 months ago. Powder Coated Gold Rick Hunter steel MTB frame. Frame retails for $1,025 and fork $225. features: Columbus Nivachrome tubing, disc only (no canti bosses), beautiful full fillet brazed welds, top tube cable routing w/5mm loops for rear disc brake, as well as loops down drive side seatstay to run continuous housing from top tube to rear derailleur, wishbone rear stays with Ritchey-style dropouts. Chris King Head Set, and Salsa Lip Lock seatpost binder. Sizing as follows: 71.5' head angle, 73.5' seat angle, 23.25" effective top tube length, 18.5" seat tube measured center to top of ST, 16.5" chain stays. Frame is in perfect condition except a minor paint defect (looks like dye in paint sort of ran - hard to explain but can be seen in pics. Barely noticable, unless using a microscope.; ) Steepish head angle and short stays/wheelbase make for an incredible handling bike. The frame has about 200 miles since building it up, in addition to the 200 miles on it when I bought it. I built it up with Odds and Endos wheels by Mike Garcia. The wheels are built with Velocity VXC rims and Wheelsmith DB 14/15/14 spokes laced to WTB Laser Disc Lite hub set (735g front, 835g rear). I'm really please with the wheels, they running perfect. The drive train consists of a Chris King stainless steel 19 tooth cog and Spot 34 tooth chainring tensioned with a SoulCraft chain tensioner, driven with an XTR crank and SRAM chain. Derailleur hanger give the option of going geared. Black Thompson 120mm by 10deg stem and black 330mm seat post with WTB SST saddle. Easton Monkey Lite carbon bar with XTR brake levers. Avid mechanical BB disc brakes with Avid fully sealed cable housing. For those not familiar with Hunter frame you can check his website at http://www.huntercycles.com. He is a widely respect steel frame builder based in Santa Cruz California. Matt Chester, custom Ti frame says, "Right on...Rick's definitely be my choice for a steel framebuilder!" I also have a 2002 Psyhlo fork with SL/LockOut in perfect condition to fit this frame. I'm in the Santa Cruz CA area and looking for any interest in the bike. Please feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images