Humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua'a Deluxe- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Humuhumu-nukunuku-a-pua'a Deluxe

vs the standard unit
    This looks a lot like the old a'ha SS Kona made in the 90's - am i right on this?

Aside from the bars/tires/gearing [which are all really personal preference things] what is the main differences between this and the unit? As i am looking to build up an off road SS i am leaning towards the unit but the 200 buck saving on the humu....etc... has me wondering
    /Dave

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by dave66
    vs the standard unit
    This looks a lot like the old a'ha SS Kona made in the 90's - am i right on this?

Aside from the bars/tires/gearing [which are all really personal preference things] what is the main differences between this and the unit? As i am looking to build up an off road SS i am leaning towards the unit but the 200 buck saving on the humu....etc... has me wondering
    /Dave
    Check for geometry differences. The Humuhumunukunukuapa'a frame is going to be heavier than the Unit. I have an old orange Humuhumunukunukuapa'a that is a lot of fun as a play bike.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Fight the Kakistocracy!

cruiser geometry not the same as the unit

I emailed the tech guys to see if it was the same frame, the geometry will be the slacker cruiser geom. If I remember right, the tubing isn't as nice either, but I could be wrong on that one. I wondered as well, I love me current exploSSif, and would like to have a geared bike that is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by dave66
    vs the standard unit

/Dave
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Members who have read this thread: 0