How to make your friends jealous (warning:tech gush!) *Passion Xpost.- Mtbr.com
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!

How to make your friends jealous (warning:tech gush!) *Passion Xpost.

I work at a job that is fairly liberal about the place and times you work. Do the required hours, get the job done, fix any distress calls from the boss or students, and you're golden.

Hold on, that's not the jealousy part.

I just got a Bluetooth-enabled camera cel phone. (Still not the jealousy part.) You can set up a bunch of e-mails to it so you can be deluged with e-mail (from all over the place, if you want). Of course, I set up my work accounts so if I ever get a distress e-mail from the boss, I can answer her on the side of the trail!

Here's the fun part: you can take pics of yerself having a grand ol' time on the bike on a drop-dead gorgeous WEEKDAY, and send them as attachments to e-mails, to your buddies at work!

That's it, I'm going for a long fixie ride. Icono, riderx, dmofot, Joe P, et. al., expect an e-mail with a pic of me laughing Well ok...I won't do it today.

PS-the bluetooth is super cool because you can do all kinds of funky stuff like download the pics wirelessly to your PC, even if you leave your phone in your car in the driveway. (Can you tell it's my first experience with this technology?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fat Boy Deluxe
    What's really funny is acting like you could actually ride the terrain in that pic! Wussy!

DT

Faster Than Your TV!

No good Effin' yawny yawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    You can set up a bunch of e-mails to it so you can be deluged with e-mail (from all over the place, if you want). Of course, I set up my work accounts so if I ever get a distress e-mail from the boss, I can answer her on the side of the trail!
    Wow, now you can get email on the trail and actually work there too...great, now the "get away from it all" is "bring it all with you." Oh boy! Yippee! When you mounting that portable TV on your handlebars?...

So, where's the jealous part come into play?...

Doing a fixie ride myself tonight...down to Cap City, quaffin' a few, then back. Weather is sweeeeet...

Got that bike box built yet, boy?
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Ok, let's ride tomorrow, say 10 am?

Wouldn't you rather ride in the day & get the very rare e-mail that says "Ho'd up, we need you"? IMO, daylight riding generally beats riding at night. It's warmer and you don't need a light. There are less people on the trails. What's wrong with that?

C'mon, you know me. I've never stopped or slowed down a group ride for anything other than my lack of fitness. The only time I remember ever carrying a phone was riding with Mugg because he was the only one that was able to sneak out on a weekday. I put it on silent and only checked it when we had a rest break. (There's a little indicator that shows me if I got an e-mail. It literally takes one second to check.)

I'd only use this one on a workday, when the rest of my co-workers have their nose to the grindstone. I'm an insomniac with effed up sleeping habits, so my boss doesn't mind me working at night. I can ride during the day, and not use up any of my vacation, personal, or sick days.

On the weekends, it stays in the car.

Anyways, this works for me. If you ever come out on a weekday for a ride, I'll bring it. I'll have plenty of time to check it while you catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    Wow, now you can get email on the trail and actually work there too...great, now the "get away from it all" is "bring it all with you." Oh boy! Yippee! When you mounting that portable TV on your handlebars?...

So, where's the jealous part come into play?...

Doing a fixie ride myself tonight...down to Cap City, quaffin' a few, then back. Weather is sweeeeet...

Got that bike box built yet, boy?

wuh?
    Jan 2004
    Wooohhooooo ridin in the day, woooooooooooooooooooooo! I ride in the day then get drunk and screw around on the internet at night. Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Crap.

Ok, let's ride tomorrow, say 10 am?

Wouldn't you rather ride in the day & get the very rare e-mail that says "Ho'd up, we need you"? IMO, daylight riding generally beats riding at night. It's warmer and you don't need a light. There are less people on the trails. What's wrong with that?

C'mon, you know me. I've never stopped or slowed down a group ride for anything other than my lack of fitness. The only time I remember ever carrying a phone was riding with Mugg because he was the only one that was able to sneak out on a weekday. I put it on silent and only checked it when we had a rest break. (There's a little indicator that shows me if I got an e-mail. It literally takes one second to check.)

I'd only use this one on a workday, when the rest of my co-workers have their nose to the grindstone. I'm an insomniac with effed up sleeping habits, so my boss doesn't mind me working at night. I can ride during the day, and not use up any of my vacation, personal, or sick days.

Anyways, this works for me. If you ever come out on a weekday for a ride, I'll bring it. I'll have plenty of time to check it while you catch up!
    huh?

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Wow, you get to do the same thing too? Cool!

Jon, if you need someone to pound into the ground on your day rides, shoot me a pm a couple days ahead. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by sspoop
    Wooohhooooo ridin in the day, woooooooooooooooooooooo! I ride in the day then get drunk and screw around on the internet at night. Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Crap.

Faster Than Your TV!

Take it easy, baby...

No need to justify, I was just joking ....well, except...

It isn't so much the jarring ringing of a phone calling out incessantly from a waterpack disturbing the otherwise peaceful ride as it is the belief that one has to take a phone with him/her on what amounts to a nature outing. Maybe I'm not that important, but I don't want any phone calls when I'm out riding.

To each his own...

As to riding during the workday, personally I'd rather ride with a friend at night than solo during the day, but either way is sweet.

And if you'd put down the crack pipe once in a while, maybe those sleeping patterns would return to what amounts to normal for you.

No riding for me for a while, I'm out o' town.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

I am the owl

Hope

I just got a Bluetooth-enabled camera cel phone.
    Now we know what was stuffed down the front of that red diaper...
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Fat Boy Deluxe

Ewwwww

Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    Now we know what was stuffed down the front of that red diaper...

Imagine the Dirt Rag pics from that one...

DT