How does Redline measure monocog frame size/seat tube?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

How does Redline measure monocog frame size/seat tube?

Tried this over in the Redline forum but not much luck so far so thought I would ask here as well.

I'm looking to buy a Monocog 29er, but having a hard time finding any place that has both 19" and 21" in stock at the same time.

I think I just rode a 21", but it didn't seem that much different from the 19" I rode a week ago - but maybe I'm just losing my mind!

It measured 21" from the center of the bottom bracket all the way to the top of the seat tube , including the part that protrudes above the top tube. Is that how Redline measures frame sizes?

I'd appreciate if anybody knew, or if people could confirm by measuring their own bikes of known size, center of bottom bracket to very top of the seat tube protrusion. I know some manufacturers measure frames differently (according to Surly's website for example, they don't include the protrusion above the top tube).

Thanks!

msykes

mtbr member
    My size 17 MC29er frame is 17" from center of BB to top of seat tube, and 14.5" from Center of BB to center of top tube.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by knightscape
    My size 17 MC29er frame is 17" from center of BB to top of seat tube, and 14.5" from Center of BB to center of top tube.
    Great, thanks for the info!

msykes

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    What size seat post does the monocog have? The site is showing the monocog and monocog flight having difrent post sizes. I wanna buy m bro a carbon post for his monocog but need to know the correct size without asking him.

mtbr member
    Good luck with that, if you can find a carbon post that's 26.8mm, let me know! At that size, your choices of any post are quite limited.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So it is a 26.8? That blows. Might just have to end up getting a thompson. How long is it?

mtbr member
    Sette's APX carbon seatpost comes in a 26.8mm size

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Diesel
    So it is a 26.8? That blows. Might just have to end up getting a thompson. How long is it?
    I believe the stock post is spec'd 350mm. I have a 400mm post maxed out, but I should have bought a 19" frame instead of the 17".

Members who have read this thread: 0