Housing guide clips? (x post from gen)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Housing guide clips? (x post from gen)

I originally put this in the general discussion forum with no luck. I think many of you have seen these before as well, so hopfully I'll do better in this forum. Does anyone know where I can purchase these plastic clips? They hold the cable/hydrolic housing onto the housing guide mounts. I know I can use zip ties, but I'd rather not if I can help it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    They tend not to stay on. Zip ties are much more secure. You could use a twist tie and tuck in the ends.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    They tend not to stay on. Zip ties are much more secure. You could use a twist tie and tuck in the ends.
    I've had good luck with them. I'm not sure if the ones I have are thicker or anything like that, but I have used mine for 3 years now and have removed/installed them several times.

Do you know where I may be able to find them? If not, zip ties will be my second option.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ctxcrossx
    I've had good luck with them. I'm not sure if the ones I have are thicker or anything like that, but I have used mine for 3 years now and have removed/installed them several times.

Do you know where I may be able to find them? If not, zip ties will be my second option.

Thanks for your help.

Chris
    I agree with Shiggy toss them. At my LBS we remove them off all the bikes we sell and replace them with zip ties, simply to avoid the frustration of having customers come in asking for replacements as the always seem to get lost, either clipped off by a tree branch or snagged on shorts when dismounting during a crash.

If you dead set on keeping them, have you LBS order them through QBP or whatever other vendor they use. They are made by Jagwire, here is the QBP information...

QBP part # - BR7842 (bag of 50) / BR7841 (box of 4)
    Mfg. part# - DCA055(bag of 50) / DCA054 (box of 4)
    Jagwire C-Clip Housing/Hose Guide
    You can order them in a Bag of 50 of box of 4

*C-Clip Housing Guides
    *MATERIAL / COLOR: Plastic / Black
    *COMPATIBLE SYSTEM: Frames with appropriate braze-on mounts
    *High-impact plastic for secure fit

Misfit Psycles
    i have stacks - email or pm me and i can mail you some.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks nogearshere! I'll do that. Looking at the picture you included, I can see that those are a little weaker than the ones I have on my bike. The ones I have are the same width throughout. I can also see why they can break while getting on and off the bike for the same reason. That sharp edge where they change thickness could grab clothing. I'll probably smooth out that sharp angle when I install them. I looked through quality for them, but I was mistakenly thinking that they were made by Problem Solvers.

Thanks!

Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0