Hope Single Speed Cassette Hub- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Hope Single Speed Cassette Hub

Does anybody have any info/pictures/sources for these? Are they available through QBP? Are they loud? In what colors do they come? Hole count? Number of engagement points?

Thanks a ton!

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaty__merckx
    Does anybody have any info/pictures/sources for these? Are they available through QBP?!
    I know nothing about the hub, but:

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30...ils&sku=HU1789

baker

i don't give a shift
    Google's your friend! See them in color at Chain Reaction Cycles. I should have a red set next week.

JJT
    mtbr member
    And yes they are loud. Louder as WI freewheel, or King, or DT...

JJ
    Singlespeed Central - European SS and 29" webshop

Ouch, I am hot!
    I just ordered that gold one from the Path. I understand they come in all the Hope colors. Blue, red, gunmetal gray, black, silver and gold. I think that is it. Did a few searches. They apparently are loud as hell. My hole count is 32. I remember reading that the number of engagement points is 48, but I have no clue what that is.
    I AM JUST A JERK

change is good
    Sep 2004

Very loud

Louder than my DTs, and my I9. One guy (as he was passing me) thought I was running a King. Got a set for less than a King SS rear.

mtbr member
    They are loud, but not exceptionally so compared to a number of other "botique" hubs. I have a set of their standard XC hubs. They are about as loud a King hubs, but have a different sound. And they are much quieter than the old Hugi hubs.

I have been happy with them and would buy them again. Mine have 6000-7000 miles on them and still work like new. They do like to have the ratchets serviced 2-3 times a year, but it's so easy to do I don't even count it as a negative.

mtbr member
    Tarty Bikes in the UK have more info than most about them on their site, including pic's of the internals
    I'm of the "six is enough for anyone" school of drivetrain thought, so I reckon this is a fine hub, whether it's used with one, or up to six sprockets
    I have no affiliation with Tarty bikes but have been known to sell Hope hubs

mtbr member
    yeah, they are louder than some kings, depends on the oil and stuff.. but they are solid awesome hubs

Members who have read this thread: 0