Hope Pro ll SS Bolt-on to QR?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hope Pro ll SS Bolt-on to QR?

I've got a Hope Pro ll bolt on single speed hub. Can this be converted to QR by swapping the end caps, ala the front hub's 20mm to QR?
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the rear hub conversion, on the regular rear hub, requires a change of the hub's axle......

since the hub shell on the SS hub is wider, i am not sure if the axle is exactly the same (width will be the same, but not sure bout the machining where the bearings sit on it

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onepivot
    I've got a Hope Pro ll bolt on single speed hub. Can this be converted to QR by swapping the end caps, ala the front hub's 20mm to QR?
    The SS pro II just uses different end caps and 6mm bolts. No axle swap necessary. Pm me if you need help getting the proper kit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I just bought a hope ss hub and it cam set up quick release

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusSommers
    The SS pro II just uses different end caps and 6mm bolts. No axle swap necessary. Pm me if you need help getting the proper kit.
    Hey Marcus,
    So the front hub QR end caps I already have won't work?
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    This may be a stupid question but ... can you use the bolt on hub with vertical drop-outs? Or do you have to change them to QR? I just bought a new wheelset only to learn the hope ss hub is a bolt on. Thanks

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGalaty
    This may be a stupid question but ... can you use the bolt on hub with vertical drop-outs? Or do you have to change them to QR? I just bought a new wheelset only to learn the hope ss hub is a bolt on. Thanks

yes the bolt on works fine on vertical dropouts.....

mtbr member
    Yes you definitely don't need to swap the axle. Just the end caps.

If I remember the frear end caps are different than the front ones so I don't think you can use those.

One thing to note. I did a special order through Universal Cycles to get the end caps. The package came with an axle. I assumed I needed to use this, but that axle is for a geared hub and will not fit the SS hub. All you need are the caps.

Members who have read this thread: 0